Where is the best place to mount my lss2 on my z18?

I had a elite 9 in my dash last year. And had to get a hds 9 gen 3 this year cause the elite 9 can only handle one transducer and the one I had got ripped off while running on plane
    so I want to know where you guys are putting your lss2 transducers now that I do not need it while on plane since
    I can now utilize my in hull. Pics would be awesome.
    Thanks much
    Early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies

2. Member
    The best way I have seen is on an aluminum holeshot plate that Bass Pro Shops have and Nitro is putting on 2018 Z21 Pro packages. This thing might can only be used on a jack plate I am not sure and I haven’t looked at mine close enough to tell what it is mounted to. I know it is pre drilled for transducers and cables. I am not sure I am calling it by the right name but it is the best way I have ever seen to mount transducers on the back of a boat. It is not listed as an included item but it came from the factory on my boat and I am very happy it did. Best I have found out Tracker Marine makes it and BPS sells it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trock84 View Post
    I had a elite 9 in my dash last year. And had to get a hds 9 gen 3 this year cause the elite 9 can only handle one transducer and the one I had got ripped off while running on plane
    so I want to know where you guys are putting your lss2 transducers now that I do not need it while on plane since
    I can now utilize my in hull. Pics would be awesome.
    Thanks much
    Did you have a total scan before? Where did you have it mounted before?

4. Member
    Yes I did. I had it mounted so it would read while I was running at any speed. I’m guessing I hit a stick or log.( That would be weird for the Mississippi River). So that’s why I picked up the hds. So I can mount it where it is out of the water while running. I was thinking about mounting it to the bump out on the starboard side but I am worried I won’t be able to read all the way to the port side because the center of the bump out drops.
    Early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies