Panoptix transducer choice

I fish shallow, 25’ or less, most of the time. In summer and winter, I’ll fish deeper vertical jigging on offshore structure and humps. I have been looking at the PS-21 and the PS-22. Is the extra cost of the PS-22 justified for my type of fishing? I like the idea or changing it to down scanning in summer and winter, but honestly don’t know which would be better considering the cone angles and of course the price. Thoughts and knowledge appreciated. Thanks!

I’ve had the 21 and now the 22. Everyone fishes a little different and in vastly different conditions. I’m my conditions I have very little use of the 22. I leave mine scanning out front and rarely down. I have 93SV’s on my boat. So for under the boat the 2D and the A scope pick up everything I need. ( although not live )With a split screen I can watch fish swim from in front of the boat to under the boat. Panoptics on the trolling motor allows me to scan an area to locate fish. So is the PS22 worth the extra coin. I would would say yes, do it it’s versatility in the the long run. I’m sure a few more folks will give their experiences as well.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 03-21-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    I agree that everyone's fishing style and needs are unique. My up to date expenditure to get down vu and front vu is 1499 for the PS 30 and 999 for the PS21. Now 999 gets you both with the PS22. Granted I can view both at same time but that cost me the GCV box to add to my expense.

So from my point of view. ( keep in mind I am bonzo for panoptix ) . An Echomap chirp unit + the PS 22 will give the user same capabilities as mine for less than 1/3 what I have invested. That to me is an impressive savings.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig