BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar

Luxury vinyl sheet flooring

Anyone installed it?

Looking at products for my basement, went into the store looking for LVP. The store owner has me considering luxury vinyl sheet.

Pros and cons? It’s easily half the money.

2. Banned
    Are you talking a sheet or the LVP planks that lock together like laminate wood and float. I just did the lvp planks in my whole House.

Pros.

-Mine was 2.79 a square foot
    -looks fantastic. Got the barnwood look with texture and it looks amazing.
    -super easy to clean and impervious to water
    -install was fairly simple. Did the entire house myself.

Cons

-it is slick. I’ve nearly busted my ass a few times in the short time I’ve had it.
    -it’s slick. Lol You have to put sticky rubber pads on the bottom of everything. Lol
    -it is vinyl. If you try to slide something across it it can gouge it. Using furniture sliders when you move anything.

That being said I’m happy with it. Looks amazing and I was able to run the same floor into the Kitcjen, laundry room, bathroom without fear of water. For the price point I’m satistied. Pm me your number and I’ll text you a few pics.

3. Member
    When used in the right application in it is very in expensive and can serve you well. Like catch5 said above you need to take care of it because it can be pretty easy to gouge into to. IMHO it is not going to look and feel that good if its your whole basement, its one thing if its just in a room, but if you will probably be better served spending the extra $ on a planks/carpet. It will look and feel better and will be more desirable if you ever sell your home.

4. Member
    Closest we've used is the luxury sheet product in our sunroom. It has a built-in padding and looks like 12" slate tiles (brownish/tan color pallet). The room is off the kitchen, and is 16' x 12' on the end of a 40' deck. It used to have indoor/outdoor carpet that was HORRIBLE for pets and plants. I went with the vinyl product because we haul a TON of plants inside during the winter. The biggest is a giant tree philodendron that we've had for going on 40 years and that puppy is MAJOR LEAGUE HEAVY. Combine that with palm trees, lemon and lemon-lime trees, even olive trees that either get dragged, or are on HD rolling stands (I had to build) and the room gets darned full in the winter.

I was concerned early on that with the padding, the plants would dent it during the winter. That hasn't happened yet, and we've had the flooring for a good 8+ years.

It looks like real, rock (as in not ceramic) tile, hasn't faded, and shows zero wear. My concern would be in a larger area with a long seam, but in a room with no seams it was/is a great choice.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 250 Opti w/SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12"

NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Wireless Lighting Controller
    Carbon 12's & 9 on Precision Sonar mounts and A/T.
    GHOST w/3-in-1 & 360.
    Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

5. Member
    We have vinyl tiles that are very thick and have grout between them like ceramic tiles. I have ceramic also. I will take the vinyl all day every day. Not even close. I have the same product in our office in wood plank style and love it.

6. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Are you talking a sheet or the LVP planks that lock together like laminate wood and float. I just did the lvp planks in my whole House.

Pros.

-Mine was 2.79 a square foot
    -looks fantastic. Got the barnwood look with texture and it looks amazing.
    -super easy to clean and impervious to water
    -install was fairly simple. Did the entire house myself.

Cons

-it is slick. I’ve nearly busted my ass a few times in the short time I’ve had it.
    -it’s slick. Lol You have to put sticky rubber pads on the bottom of everything. Lol
    -it is vinyl. If you try to slide something across it it can gouge it. Using furniture sliders when you move anything.

That being said I’m happy with it. Looks amazing and I was able to run the same floor into the Kitcjen, laundry room, bathroom without fear of water. For the price point I’m satistied. Pm me your number and I’ll text you a few pics.
    I’m talking a sheet. Like linoleum but not your grandparents linoleum.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    I’m talking a sheet. Like linoleum but not your grandparents linoleum.
    Jim it's very good product that wears well and looks awesome. one word of caution related to use in the basement though. Since they changed the glue due to EPA regulations, moisture is a real concern. I've seen the sheet product bubble up like plastic bubble wrap due to trapping moisture after installation. Here's a simple DIY test method to confirm: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/test-co...ure-42234.html
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

8. Member
    I have this in my house. My step son is an installer so I had help putting it in but it is not hard. Of all the brands he really recommenced Mannington Adura Max. It is water proof and installed with so tight a groove that no dog hair or dirt gets between planks. I put down the sound barrier underlayment.
    We have two large dogs and kids and so far we have not seen any scratches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Anyone else have any suggestions?

This is what the product I’m considering looks like.

It would be a “ loose lay”

10. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    So it's in 4x8 sheets?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

11. Banned
    I prefer a 3 inch by 36 inch thick vinyl strip flooring made by Tarkett's Naafco division. It looks like high quality wood and comes in a number of colors.

Strip vinyl flooring is glued down with a special mastic made by Dommco and anyone can install the stuff. I put 500 square feet in one house and 650 square feet in another. It is just great stuff.

12. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    So it's in 4x8 sheets?
    It’s a 12 foot wide roll. Like very high end linoleum. .130” thick, textured to match the wood grain, saw marks, etc v

13. Member
    Saw some in a new house thought it was real wood. Got the name of the flooring guy who installed it & was quoted $3.00 per square foot installed.

14. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    Saw some in a new house thought it was real wood. Got the name of the flooring guy who installed it & was quoted $3.00 per square foot installed.
    That’s appropriately the price I got for this.

I’ll likely be installing myself

15. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    If I wouldn’t have seen the roll of the stuff I wouldn’t have believed that’s how it came

16. Banned
    Only potential downfall could be shrinking and expanding, find out from the sales place if it has to be climatized 100% of the time. (All woods, vinyls and laminates are supposed to be climatized all the time to keep from expansion and contraction) We don’t have basements so I have no clue wether or not yours would be climatized.