Echomap Chirp 73SV

Longtime lurker, first time posting.

Recently bought the BPS 73SV special. As i have recently retired from the military, I havent purchased my bass boat yet, just have a 15' V-bottom. As of right now, I only have the 73 and i have it bow mounted with the transducer mounted on the transom. What I am wondering is, until I pick up another unit, which transducer would be the best bet to mount to the trolling motor? For reference purposes, I have a MK Edge 70.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

2. Member
    CV52HW-TM or GT52HW-TM. The GT model is the older "DownVu" the CV model is "ClearVu". Supposedly the GT is better but i don't really know. Which transducer came with the unit? You may be able to just move your existing one.

3. Member
    The 73sv comes with a trolling motor mount for the ducer. If you're interested in panoptix, the ps22 would be a good choice! :)

4. Member
    What makes the 22 better

Unfortunately, I wont be able to check which TD I have until Sunday. However, mine did not come with a trolling motor mount. Only a transom bracket. I like the idea of Panoptix, just dont like the cost yet....

Quote Originally Posted by 3dogdare View Post
    What makes the 22 better
    The narrower fixed beam width of 20 degrees for better pinpointing of targets, and capability of doing both LiveVu Forward and LiveVu Down.
    Garmin Pro Team