Rigging tube question

Hey guys,

I have a new 521L that I have a question about. With the atlas down all the way (for trailering) and the pro xs on the motor mate, the rigging tube is pinched pretty good. Anyone else seeing this.

I only leave it this way on the road and then raise the plate at the house to relieve the pressure.

Just curious if this is ok.

Thanks!!

Sounds like you're tilting the motor too much. Adjust the motor mate to be shorter. Adjust it until the motor rigging is less bent in.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    I thought I would post a pic to help describe what I have going on. This is in "trailering mode" The ,motor mate is in the third hole on the motor so it cant go any lower because of the tilt assembly

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    I have seen that a lot with boats with rigging tubes. It will eventually cause that tube to split. It is pretty expensive to have someone to replace because of all the things that have to be disconnected on the motor, like $500. I would just leave the jackplate up a little to alleviate the pressure on the tube.

5. Member
    I thought the plate was supposed to be all the way down for transport?? Getting a new boat has been a big learning curve!!

I don’t consider that tube pinched at all. It’s about at the max angle, but certainly not pinched.

7. Member
    For what it is worth....I replaced my own rigging tube a few years ago on a boat I had. I was actually very easy to do and took about 30 minutes complete the job. I used my cell phone and took a few pictures before I started so I could refer back to them in case I need to.

8. Member
    No need to run the plate full down for trailering. Lots of guys even trailer with full up.If you are worried about stress on the plate,remember this,the forces on the plate while running the boat are much higher than trailering.