Thread: 2018 G2 Props

2018 G2 Props

2018 G2
    E250LHOAGG
    Ser: 5512147
    I'm getting a Rx4™ (15 x 25") EVINRUDE® JOHNSON® RH Propeller for a spare.
    My current prop is a 3 blade
    Raker H.O. (14 1/2 x 26") that came with motor. I'm wondering if I can just remove and replace or do I need to carry a hub kit?

2. rjw11111
    should get hub kit with prop if not use one out of 3 blade- nust be 520 ranger?

3. Member
    StormR,
    Thanks for starting this topic.
    I too have a 2018 G2 and it came with a raker 14 1/2 x 26, and yes this is a 2018 Ranger Z520.
    My question is do Mercury props, say the Fury series transiton steraight across. For example is a 26" Raker equal to a 26" Fury?

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    StormR,
    I too have a 2018 G2 and it came with a raker 14 1/2 x 26, and yes this is a 2018 Ranger Z520.
    My question is do Mercury props, say the Fury series transiton steraight across. For example is a 26" Raker equal to a 26" Fury?
    I can answer this one, having run a Raker and a Fury 3 on the same Z520 previously (albeit on a G1 250 H.O.). Pitch for pitch, those two props will run about the same RPMs, but other differences in the props may make them perform differently as to takeoff, bow lift, etc.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    StormR,
    I too was curious about how, or if, they relate. My 300 came with the 26" Raker and I have no complaints. Hole-shot is terrific and I'm seeing 77-78 GPS with 2 people and full tournament load.

Don't you need some sort of adapter to use the Mercury props on a Evinrude?

Matt
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proptwister View Post
    Don't you need some sort of adapter to use the Mercury props on a Evinrude?

Matt
    Yes, you need a different hub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by rjw11111 View Post
    should get hub kit with prop if not use one out of 3 blade- nust be 520 ranger?
    I have a 521.
    Does the hub kit stay in 3 blade Raker H.O. when you take prop off?
    If so, maybe I should just buy another hub kit to make transitioning between the two props easier?

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormR View Post
    I have a 521.
    Does the hub kit stay in 3 blade Raker H.O. when you take prop off?
    If so, maybe I should just buy another hub kit to make transitioning between the two props easier?
    No. If you are using two Evinrude props with the same hub diameter (as Raker H.O. And Rx4), the prop comes off and the hub is reusable for the second prop. Occasionally the hub assembly will get stuck inside the prop when removed, but you just tap it out with a piece of dowel or similar non-metal object, replace on the prop shaft, and install the other prop. When in doubt, go to your dealer for a demonstration. This is a part of a selling dealer’s responsibility: to inform and educate customers. In fact, my dealer would unquestionably do all my prop replacements for me at no cost, if asked. It’s a 2-minute job. I’ll bet there are also YouTube videos on how to replace props, too.

9. Member
    26 raker that came with mine on a z520c is about perfect. I wasted a ton of time messing with others now all I need is another of the new 26 raker ho props.

10. Member
    found this thread in a search and am hoping for some info...i have the standard Raker HO prop that came with my 2018 Z520...looking to get a 4 blade...narrowed it down to the Fury or the RX4..anybody ran one of these or both?