1999 Javelin Renegade .Got a soft spot on my floor!Need advice and help

I have had the boat 3 years now been a solid boat.But today while getting the boat clean and ready i notice when i step down to the console area it was mushy and soft feeling around the drain.So i pulled the carpet and marked the soft area .It looks to be all fiberglass but i am not sure .What would be the best way to fix this.Please Drop any information my way as i am unsure how to proceed .
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Also looks to be Bondoor i assume in areas around the console and front area of seat.

3. Member
    I have a 1999 Skeeter ZX210C that has the same issue. Not terrible yet but am planning on taking the carpet out in the next year or 2 and replacing with hydro turf. I will address it then so am interested in what advice you get. Would it be possible to cut out the effected area and replace with aluminum? Possibly rivet in place then glass over the whole repair. May want to think about a support on the underside braced to the hull. Just throwing out ideas...

Figure out the thickness of the flooring, use a skill saw set at that depth to cut out. Regular plywood works just fine for flooring. Has almost the same water de-lamination rating, and voids and plugs are fine for flooring strength. Coat bottom in chop mat to install. Fill and sand as needed. Tack it in with woven mat, follow up with chop mat after the hole is cut. If you have stingers close by you can overlap it over to them for strength. Just make sure to coat heavily with resin and seal. Also make sure you let everything air out in that area. Chase the rot. Don't leave anything wet or rotten in there. If it goes out further than the marked area use a small cutting wheel and chisel to expose towards the outside as you'll eventually run int the hull side. Going at the with a skill saw would be tragic.

If you make a square or rectangular cutout, go at a 45 degree angle inward. Then cut the exact same size plywood filler piece at opposite 45 deg. angle, so filler piece wedges into the opening without falling through. Eliminates having to add bracing underneath to support the filler piece. Coat the filler piece all around with epoxy resin, then glass in place and cover with a layer of fiberglass cloth. Be sure to coat the new drain hole you cut with resin too, and seal any screws going into the wood to prohibit water intrusion.

6. Member
    All the above . I did my older Stratos 201 Pro . You can find the depth by the inside of the floor drain . I use US Composite epoxy and glass , they have some good stuff and fast shipping . It been 6 years now and no problem's.

As said above you need to coat all wood thats expose and both sides . It was just easlier for me to cut a square. Around 3 inches back from the old wood . Then i just added a picture frame around the hole underneath after it seal with counter sink screw's thru the floor .
    I all so pull the floor carpet up and re-coat the hole floor .