Eliminating Most Gauges

I am going to add a MercMonitor to my 95 Ranger 488VS with 06 200hp Optimax and will be redoing the dash at the same time. I am thinking about eliminating most of the gauges. I think I will keep just the fuel gauges and the MercMonitor. I go off the graph for speed and the MercMonitor will have all the critical information I want on it. This will free up room for some switches for lighting and accessories. I am trying to come up with a way of mounting the graph above and behind the wheel so I can be fancy like the new rigs. Anybody see any issues with getting rid of the gauges?

2. Member
    No.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No.
    +100!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

No. I am down to the Mercmontor, Fuel and Trim. My boat is pretty sensitive to trim so it is a required gauge for me.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    I went with vessel view link. All the information I need is on Lowrance HDS. Including trim and fuel level. I don't look at my gages at all anymore.

6. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    No. I am down to the Mercmontor, Fuel and Trim. My boat is pretty sensitive to trim so it is a required gauge for me.
    I you install a digital trim sensor the mercmonitor will also display trim and it will pop up on screen as you make trim adjustments. Much better to see vs the little trim gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksbass View Post
    I went with vessel view link. All the information I need is on Lowrance HDS. Including trim and fuel level. I don't look at my gages at all anymore.
    I like the vessel view, but I have Humminbird graphs and the MercMonitor is cheaper than replacing my cell phone when I ruin it.

8. Member
    Only thing I don't have displayed on Mercmonitor is fuel level. I left the factory analog in place so I didn't have to find something to fill the hole. I use it as a quick visual indicator only.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax