New trailer problem....need some opinions

Went and picked up my 2018 721 today from dealer. Started back home and the first 70 or so miles was fine. Them miles were 65 mph max. Then I get to the main interstate and start hitting higher speeds like 70 to 73. Well from 67 to 71 I can feel a pretty bad vibration from the trailer. It stops at 66 mph down and stops at 72 mph higher. I stop a couple times to check wheels for heat and loose lug nuts but all is well. I get the boat home (4.5 hours from dealer) and start looking around. My brake rotors, all 4 of them are eat up, like ditches dug in them. So I'm calling Marine Master in the morning to tell them and get new parts sent to me but what could have caused this???
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    My friend had something similar to his 721 when we came back from Canada. We barely made it back. Seems a belt went bad in tire causing vibration that caused the bearings to leak however you should not have had any issue on new boat. Curious to see marine master’s fix for this
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    I talked to Marine Master this morning and I must first say, very very nice and helpful person I talked to. Apologized multiple times that this had happened. He is sending 4 new rotors, new brake pads, new calipers and a couple other things to fix it all. He was bumfuzzled about it. He said maybe it had air in the line and when it was first pulled at the factory to the dealer and the brakes were hit the caliper collapsed with the air in line and messed everything up.
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Glad they are taking care of you.

I was the one that brought up the whole bow roller issue and marine master was hit and miss. Unhelpful at first, then the owner contacted me and said they were working to rectify the situation and he would contact me when they figured it out. That was at least a year ago and I'm still waiting for them to call me back. My next boat won't have a Marine Master trailer under it.

6. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I was the one that brought up the whole bow roller issue and marine master was hit and miss. Unhelpful at first, then the owner contacted me and said they were working to rectify the situation and he would contact me when they figured it out. That was at least a year ago and I'm still waiting for them to call me back. My next boat won't have a Marine Master trailer under it.

They are a difficult company to work with. They were also supposed to have gotten back to me about why the fenders and axles were crooked on my trailer along with multiple others, but never heard back from them on the issue.

I'm like you my next boat will definitely not have a marine master trailer under it.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    They are a difficult company to work with. They were also supposed to have gotten back to me about why the fenders and axles were crooked on my trailer along with multiple others, but never heard back from them on the issue.

I'm like you my next boat will definitely not have a marine master trailer under it.
    I think Phoenix really needs to look at building their own trailers. I like my boat but Basscat will be at the top of my list when I start looking again.

8. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I think Phoenix really needs to look at building their own trailers. I like my boat but Basscat will be at the top of my list when I start looking again.
    Well it's interesting that you mention basscat, because mine is actually on order now. After running birds for the last seven years I'm going to try something new.

9. Scraps
    I was in a Ranger for 18yrs and now Phoenix and I can say the trailer does bug me. It's fine for now and have no issues but..............it's no Ranger or BCB trailer.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    Well it's interesting that you mention basscat, because mine is actually on order now. After running birds for the last seven years I'm going to try something new.
    I'm jealous. We just bought a new house so I'll be running this one for a little while longer at least.

11. Member
    Good luck with the torsion axles on the bass cats

Phoenix boats are cheaper than most brands out there. I own a 920 Pro XP. I have had numerous problems with it and now I am reading problems with trailers... I guess it all boils down to "You get what you pay for" I could have had a Ranger or Skeeter for $10,000 more but thought I was spending enough money for the Phoenix at $66,000 I should have enough boat for my lifetime. Looking back I wish I had done some more research and I might have bought another brand.

13. Member
    I feel you are going to have good and bad with all brands. It depends on how you are taken care of when the bad shows up.

14. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I feel blessed that I never had one issue that everyone mentions with my 2016 921, or trailer.
    Anything I had to fix or replace was my fault, which Weida's Marine took care of promptly.

15. Member
    I came out of a BassCat 2 years ago. The torsion axle on my trailer was bent from the factory. The tires on that axle wore completely bald on the inside while the outside looked brand new. The Gatorhyde coating was hit or miss and I had rust in multiple areas. Also the fiberglass step on the swing tongue didn't fit properly and it scratched the flake every time I swung it. I say all this to say that you can get a bad product from any brand. So far I have not had any problems with my marine master trailer.

16. Member
    Mines a 2015 lot of miles on it no problems except for light replacement