Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by robertboyd View Post
    Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I disagree. That would be like saying it is better to walk everywhere you go because someone's car in another state blew up. These predators will pay for what they have done - in greater proportion because they committed their sins disguised as God's servant. Like every other decision in life, you have to make wise choices. It is critical to find a church that sincerely worships & praises God according to the scriptures. Anything else is simply "practicing" religion, which is pointless. There are plenty of great churches that can really enhance your quality of life, you just have to choose one of good ones.
    I can go to the lake on Sunday and fish while spending the entire day with God, not just an hour and a half in a building.

P01135809

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    I can go to the lake on Sunday and fish while spending the entire day with God, not just an hour and a half in a building.
    I get your point, and agree with you to a large degree. Not completely, but to a large degree...I do believe in the "forsake not the assembling of yourselves together" scripture tho. BUT...way too many religious folks SEEM to believe that church is an hour or two inside 4 walls, once or twice a week. When the reality of it all is this IMO...church is 24/7/365, everywhere you go. Just my opinion, not saying anyone has to agree with me

3. Member
    I am Catholic, a convert from another religion. I attend mass regularly. I go because I feel the need to be there. Personally, I feel renewed every time I go, as I know I am not perfect and really need the feel of church and my fellow parishioners. That being said, every one of us makes decisions every day about our behavior and how we should act and things we should do or not do. A priest is no different. He is human and must make the same decisions. I think, due to the fact that the Church is so large, you see more of the pedophilia aired. It happens in other churches as well. I am not condoning it as right by any means, but it is not the Church committing these acts, its individuals who chose to do this. There was a signature line from a BBC member that pretty much sums up how it is in my opinion - "I'd much rather live my life as there was a God and find out there isn't than to live my live as there was no God and find out there is."

4. Member
    I went 1-12 grade in Catholic school but never an alter server although some of my friends were. None of this went on as far as I know because I'm still friends with them and some of our priests are still there...being 52yr old now and looking back from 1970 to 83 we wore uniforms every day to school. If our parents took us somewhere after school with our uniforms we were ridiculed and given snod remarks like we were outcasts. However it only made us as young kids closer to one another rather than competitive unless in sports. No-one made fun of us by wearing a not so popular shirt or pair of the most expensive Nikes because we all wore uniforms and represented ourselves and school. Being around nuns kept us in line because all kids need it. If we acted up they called our parents and parent involvement was a plus. Some thought everyone was rich because of going to private school but it's just what parents are willing to sacrifice to send there kids. My Dad was a fireman, mom stayed home. Not all priests do this. I know it happens but i don't judge the religion. There are other walks of life that it happens also. Both of my daughter's went to the same school I did and there's not a day goes by I thank God my parents for sacrificing a little to get alot. No it's not perfect but at least we got to pray with and for each other. I can only hope the church can do a better screening or whatever reds to be done for ordaining them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234