ultra link useless without lake master?

getting ready to pull the trigger on an ultrex and wondering if the link is worth it without purchasing lake mastercards. Im currently running links helix 9's with navionics cards in each. Is there any features worth having in link that doesn't require going to a lake master card?
    2018 Phoenix 920

2. Member
    Link gives you the ability to follow the contour. I use Lakemaster and am working on learning the Ultrex. Not all the commands are intuitive. Think it also gives you the ability to upload data like marked points to the unit. Without Lakemaster, I know you lose follow the contour but don’t know if you also lose the uploading of points. I’m sure someone further down the learning curve will chime in.

3. Member
    Double post with wrong title please delete
    2018 Phoenix 920

4. Member
    link is helpful to find fish, mark with graph then it will tell the ulterra to go to that waypoint......not sure if that is the same on ultrex.....since my ulterra has auto deploy, i just hit deploy then tell it to goto and spot lock on the waypoint all from the helix
    2016 Tracker pro team 175txw 75hp 4 stroke
    helix 12 si console helix 10 di and helix 10 si bow and ulterra 80 i-pilot link and transom 360 and Garmin 126sv and Livescope

5. Member
    You can map your own maps and then follow the real contours. Its extremely useful without the mapcard.