Hard time getting a 175 ProXs - wait for new 4 stroke ?

I ordered a 175 proxs back in February but Mercury is still having a delay on the motors. Do you think it would be worth waiting for the new 175 four stroke at this point? I usually avoid the first year out but wanted some opinions.

Thanks

2. Member
    my opinion, I'm sure they are nice mtrs but I just cant like um yet, mabe for a pontoon
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    That is what I'm thinking too sir. Mercury's delay is going to lead me to another brand I think.

What's causing the delay on getting your motor?

5. Member
    It seems that mercury is retooling. Call anywhere on a 175 motor and it is 5 to 6 weeks out. That is what I was told first but that changed as well to 10 weeks. Urggfff

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    175 ProXS has been discontinued. Better switch order to the 4-stroke (you’ll be glad in the end).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Don, that is what I thought but I’m Leary about the first year out. After they are out for a bit, I’ll be on board. :)

8. Member
    Thanks for the info Don!!

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I personally wouldn’t be even the slightest bit concerned with this model. Expansion of a previous design that’s been brutally tested for well over 20k hours.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Where did you see the Pro XS has been discontinued???

Quote Originally Posted by ProXSpro View Post

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProXSpro View Post
    He is a Mercury dealer and service center, so probably from Mercury themselves.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

13. Member
    Does anyone know where a 175 is in stock? LOL

14. Member
    Millers in Ocala, FL is installing mine NOW....had 1 in stock. I'm repowering with like item.

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    He is a Mercury dealer and service center, so probably from Mercury themselves.
    Mercury is no longer building 2.5L Optimax Product for US Consumer Market.

16. Member
    Yep, found that out and the other Optimax motors will be phased out too in the future

Thanks!