Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    For sure you can walk most anywhere. We had one of the best breakfast burritos we have ever had yesterday in a small little place called Jalapeno's right near our cabin. We wanted to grab something fast and easy and ended up being blown away by how good it was. Some of the best salsa I have had. Loved their salsa bar. We eat pretty clean and healthy most of the time and that meal alone screwed that up for the day....
    Enjoy Mark...we are trying to choose somewhere to go the first week of april...might do the wine country and the CA redwoods.

2. Member
    Absolutely gorgeous. I will put on the bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Enjoy Mark...we are trying to choose somewhere to go the first week of april...might do the wine country and the CA redwoods.
    Fly into LA and rent a car. Make the drive up to SF on Highway 1. I'm telling you its bucket list type stuff. Monterey Bay is stunning. Stop at the produce stands and get all the great stuff that is grown locally. Best peaches, strawberries and avocados I have ever had. Dirt cheap too. That was such a fun week making that trip. We stopped a ton. Morro Rock was cool as was stopping at TW. So much to do along the way.

I've never been to Tahoe. Beautiful place. We honeymooned in San Francisco area. Monterey bay, big sur, Sonoma. It's beautiful country.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. Member
    Before going out to the ocean, don't forget to take some meds for seasickness. I like Bonine. One pill the night before to get in your system and one in the
    morning. I saltwater fish out of SF bay several times a year. Have your camera ready. The views of the City and GG bridge are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FX20 View Post
    Before going out to the ocean, don't forget to take some meds for seasickness. I like Bonine. One pill the night before to get in your system and one in the
    morning. I saltwater fish out of SF bay several times a year. Have your camera ready. The views of the City and GG bridge are awesome.

We went out to the Farollones last year. Luckily the wife and I seem to have no issue with getting seasick but quite a few did. I felt bad for them. You are right its an amazing thing to see as far as the City, bridge etc. The whales coming up by the boat are amazing.

Show off....

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Thanks for a great Photo Tour....Now that is really something sure got a good look at the scenic beauty of the area

9. robdy72
    Very nice.

10. Member
    WOW ! Really nice pictures Mark. Thanks for posting.

11. Member
    I was there for the first time last October. Definitely a gorgeous place to visit. We drove up from Monterey and that is a seriously beautiful drive. As someone who hates heights, the driver over the mountain to get to Tahoe wasn't much fun but once you're there it's worth it. In your last pic is the tour boat that goes across the lake. Pretty decent tour that goes over to Emerald bay.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Fly into LA and rent a car. Make the drive up to SF on Highway 1. I'm telling you its bucket list type stuff. Monterey Bay is stunning. Stop at the produce stands and get all the great stuff that is grown locally. Best peaches, strawberries and avocados I have ever had. Dirt cheap too. That was such a fun week making that trip. We stopped a ton. Morro Rock was cool as was stopping at TW. So much to do along the way.
    Sounds like a relaxing time..which is what we're looking for.

Did you take a drive down. The "Loneliest Road in America?" It has been almost 40 years since I ran that into Sacramento. Probably more relaxing in a car.

Very nice. Have a great time.

15. huskyjerk
    that's where Fredo got wacked!

16. Member
    Nice pictures Mark. That place is still stunning. My question is could you give up lake Fork life to move their in retirement or could you just see yourself and the wife spending a lot more time there in retirement?

Since it rained most of the day we headed up to Monterey for a few hours. Stopped at Pigeon Point Lighthouse on way back to the house. We took a turn on a small country road not far from the house and within about 5 minutes we saw deer, turkey, a fox and saw a hawk swoop down on a mouse. Great way to end the day.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Nice pictures Mark. That place is still stunning. My question is could you give up lake Fork life to move their in retirement or could you just see yourself and the wife spending a lot more time there in retirement?
    Majority of my wife's job is actually out this way. She is here a LOT for work. If not for the kids and grandkids near us in Texas we would probably be living here on the coast or maybe in Sacramento area since its so close to everything. We don't get too caught up in politics and all that mess. We have our own beliefs and quite honestly while spending a lot of time here the last few years we have never had anyone try to force their beliefs or political opinions on us. For the most part we meet a lot of really nice people that are not much different than anyone else. Just trying to make a good life for them and their family. California has so much beautiful landscape and so much to do if you love the outdoors it would be an easy transition for us. Had you asked me that 10 years ago before I started coming here so much I would have laughed at the thought of ever even a suggestion that I would grow to love this part of the state so much. I imagine after I retire from the FD we will stay out here for really extended amounts of time.

19. Member
    My brother-in-law has an estate overlooking that lake. Every year he invites us out for either a guys week or a girls week for our other halves. One year I better go, since I'm 75, and nobody lasts forever. Wonder if there are bass fishing guides there. From some clips I see in Summer the place loads up with drunk girls on boats.

Nice pix Mark.

Drove out to Pt.Reyes yesterday. Saw a ton of tule elk while hiking. They were not worried about us too much. Ended the day walking across and back on the Golden Gate Bridge. Really enjoyable day other than the gale force winds all day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast