Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger RT Series Touch-up Paint

Hey everyone, Not sure if I was told wrong or if it's old information but I've always read or have been told that you can't get small amounts of touch-up paint from Ranger. I decided to send an email to inquire and complain if it was true and then I was directed to call the accessory department. I asked about touch-up paint and after some digging I was told it came in a small brush top bottle for $19.43. The gentleman told me it was part # TU2040-18 for the Red Crystal Metallic color and that it appears to come in different colors also. I'll be ordering soon so wish me luck.

2. Member
    I'd be curious to know if the Red varies slightly in color year to year that you need to order a specific year or color part # to match your boat.

3. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Good info, please keep us posted. My dealer told me that he can order a qt. (minimum) if I need it, but a touch-up applicator would be better. The price is ridiculous though, unless it is more than a typical t-u applicator...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

4. Member
    My dealer ordered paint for me. White ranger rt 198p. I touched up some blemishes on it last Saturday it worked great .they sent a pint of paint Gardner and reducer .

5. Member
    Hardner not Gardner sorry for the mistake.

6. Member
    My RT is charcoal metallic. I just went to an auto parts store and bought a tube of automotive touch up paint that closest matched the color. Works good enough for me.

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scfisherdude View Post
    My RT is charcoal metallic. I just went to an auto parts store and bought a tube of automotive touch up paint that closest matched the color. Works good enough for me.
    fisherdude - can you give some specifics of which store and the color code? This is most likely what I will do too...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

8. Member
    I ordered a pint of paint extra when I ordered my boat.

9. Member
    Skeeterator posted a Dodge color white that I ordered. It matches the white boat just fine. If I find it I’ll post later tonight.

Thats what I plan to do for my red boat. I just dont want to buy 10 of thwm before I get the right one.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

11. Member
    Mopar PW7 white touch up paint might be the one. I bought that one but have not used it yet.

12. Member
    When I get back to the house I will dig it up. I believe it is a Dupli-color product. Most parts stores carry that brand.

13. Member
    Mine is the red. Just bought a red touch up paint pen on clearance at Wal Mart for 3.50. Just need a dab here and there.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Mine is the red. Just bought a red touch up paint pen on clearance at Wal Mart for 3.50. Just need a dab here and there.
    What is the color code for the Red?
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

15. Member
    I scratched my bow pretty good against someone’s iron edge dock so the area was pretty big.

I have the charcoal metallic. I used a black metallic touch up paint as the base then mixed in silver until I got the right match. Took me a while but it finally worked. Bought in Walmart automotive area. Finished it up w a layer of clear coat.

For small nicks like stone chips I just use the black metallic and you can’t tell at all. Even in the sunlight.

16. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    I scratched my bow pretty good against someone’s iron edge dock so the area was pretty big.

I have the charcoal metallic. I used a black metallic touch up paint as the base then mixed in silver until I got the right match. Took me a while but it finally worked. Bought in Walmart automotive area. Finished it up w a layer of clear coat.

For small nicks like stone chips I just use the black metallic and you can’t tell at all. Even in the sunlight.
    Can you provide some specifics on the clear coat, is that also available at Walmart?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

17. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-A...SJFDPMNZ0R748R

This is the product I use. The color is Dark Spiral Grey Metallic. To me the color is close enough for small scratches and dings. I have the one that includes the clear coat in the tube. Open it from the top for paint, flip it over and there's your clear coat.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Can you provide some specifics on the clear coat, is that also available at Walmart?
    Yes all available at Walmart.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    What is the color code for the Red?
    Universal dark red, by Rust-oleum. U5010C. Have not used yet but looks close enough for little dabs here and there.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

20. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    All great info, thanks all...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast