Gota Love the VA

I received a letter from the VA stating that I have been given a 40% increase in hearing disability and it raised my total to 70%.The problem was I am receiving 50% already. 50% plus 40% is 90% not 70%.
    You just gota love the morons at the VA.

Quote Originally Posted by my47ply View Post
    I received a letter from the VA stating that I have been given a 40% increase in hearing disability and it raised my total to 70%.The problem was I am receiving 50% already. 50% plus 40% is 90% not 70%.
    You just gota love the morons at the VA.
    Confusing but this is how it is done!!!
    https://themilitarywallet.com/va-mat...ility-ratings/

3. Member
    I get. 50percent ptsd & 65 percent for cancer related to agent orange VA math total is 80 that’s crazy math for sure.

4. Member

5. Member
    They sure guard that 100%.

6. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    This shows how the percentages are determined.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retriev...#se38.1.4_1111

This shows the forms used by the examiner to determine your the degree of your illness or injury.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSA...ubexpandable=1

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

7. Member
    As I understand the VA method of continually screwing we disabled Veterans is:

Lets say you get 10% disability. So, later on you get raised to 50% disability for another reason.
    The VA gives you 50% of 90% of the whole person. That is because you were only 90% of a whole person. That is because when you received the 10% that left 90% of a whole person ...
    You can thank your Congressmen and Congresswomen, in addition to the Senators for the VA Math...
    The same people in the Congress and Senate give the lazy good for nothing VAMC employees a significant percentage of their scheduled pay grade to them for "Geographical Location" increase...We Veterans do not get an increase in our base disability because of our "Geographical Location" Guys and ladies, just look up how much more VAMC employees get paid over their GS Pay Grade because they live in your Cities...Some Cities get 25% or more...What a scam
    The 62 Billion budget can be significantly reduced if they were to get rid of the "GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION INCREASE" :)

They call it locality pay increase...In Kansas City the locality increase is 16.10% over and above the normal GS pay rating...
    Last edited by Finnegan; 04-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.