I’ll be in the market for a new boat.

This winter I am planning on ordering a new boat. I’ve had excellent experience with my boat. I’m retiring, and the wife says go for it. Just don’t know about stratos anymore. Not since bps/ranger group took over. I’ve not looked at one for couple of years now. I use too go to boat shows and look. The ones I did see, well I was disappointed. Craftsmanship sort of suffered. The carpet looked cheap, frayed and did not have trim. And larger gaps between where the console met the deck. I’m still looking at them if I can find a new one to see.

Good luck finding a new one. The Phoenix is probably as close to a good Stratos as you will find.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Congrats on the retirement and having a great wife as you have. So many good boats that will be around for a while. Set your budget and go shopping.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. Member
    They're not making them anymore unfortunately so you will have to find a leftover if you want a Stratos!

5. Member
    If you are open to a nice,used boat they do exist and can take sometime and locate one.

If I were looking, it would be at the Phoenix or Basscat. Just my .02!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

7. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    If I were looking, it would be at the Phoenix or Basscat. Just my .02!
    I went to a recent boat show up here in Canada, and the Phoenix and BassCat that I 'looked' at were both $108,000 CAD, and not fully rigged.

So I just looked. That was free except for the $15 entry fee into the show.

I'm retiring within the year as well, so I'm keeping my golden handshake and 'paid for' boat. No bass boat is worth that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    If you are open to a nice,used boat they do exist and can take sometime and locate one.
    There is a nice 2011 Stratos 202 Elite that's been up for sale since last year in my neck of the woods for $40K CAD. Only has 134 hours on the motor. Factor in the USD exchange and you may just walk away with a hell of a deal at $30K USD.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/belleville/2011-stratos-202-elite/1323066468?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 04-04-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

I still have my very 1st and only ever Bass Boat. Stratos 1989 280 Pro.. It doesn't get much use ad I'd like. for many years. (Job) But 5 yrs ago when having service done at local dealer, he stated he knew where I could get a New NOS Johnson GT175 just like I have. for $13,500.00. I whistled of course. lolo.. as just having LU service, and plugs , filters, and that famous part # 432639 roller that disappears over time, whopping $7.56 part + rest of cost of tune up. Oh it ran fine as usual later at lake Figured when and ever that time comes...(Repower) be better off to get a new E Rude G2 repower. and maybe day will come a true OB Diesel. lolo.. Doubt will happen at my age haha. So far it maybe when ever my now 4 yo G Son inherits it. lolo yea it sucks gas , is old, but still works and been paid for many years. Had several other styles of boats over time, Whims at the time. But since just fun fish, next up grade will be that foot button & ejection seat as on the funny Nitro commercial, wife always loved fishing..but recent few yrs getting so crabby, I'm seriously thinking of selling every thing out and move to AlASKA and get 1 of those Crab Ships for her to ride on roflmbo!

9. Member
    I understand on new boat as the prices keep going up and up. As long as financing options continues to get longer, prices will keep climbing....

10. Member
    just a thought .
    mike McClelland is selling his 2017 stratos here on bbc. , I bought a 2011 210 elite from him at a great price and it has been lawless
    yes it will have some hours on it.but they are serviced after every tournament and trust me it is dialed in for top performance.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flip-n-pitch View Post
    just a thought .
    mike McClelland is selling his 2017 stratos here on bbc. , I bought a 2011 210 elite from him at a great price and it has been lawless
    yes it will have some hours on it.but they are serviced after every tournament and trust me it is dialed in for top performance.
    Just about as close as your going to get to a new Stratos. Anyone know what month the last one came off the production line? Phoenix is the closest thing to a Statos that is still being made.

12. Member
    phoenix is taking over
    TrackerUser

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flip-n-pitch View Post
    just a thought .

didnt see it listed??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools