Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    I’m also new to these bigger boat and the chine walk thing.. only had the boat 3 months last year ..right about 65-68 my 17 20TRX starts walking .. still trying to figure it out also.. PTP is at 2.5” ...hoping to figure this out this year ..
    Try getting as much weight in the azz as possible. full fuel/livewell/tackle, etc. I've found props make a difference as well. A Trophy imo helps but seat time will still be required.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

2. Member
    Like everyone else has been saying, gotta get the boat leveled out and keep on the wheel so you DONT chine walk.

3. Banned
    If you don't want to deal with the chine walk issue, look into getting a skeeter. Those don't have that issue.

4. Member
    My 19trx is a 67mph boat with 2 guys. I been driving for a while now but do not make any conscious efforts to drive it. These new ones sure seem like a different animal from the older ones. Much slower and easier to drive. Front deck width and hole shot is super nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    My 19trx is a 67mph boat with 2 guys. I been driving for a while now but do not make any conscious efforts to drive it. These new ones sure seem like a different animal from the older ones. Much slower and easier to drive. Front deck width and hole shot is super nice though.
    That sounds like a Ranger to me. I know that is a broad statement, but isn't that how these forums work?
    In all seriousness. The TRX line is a lot like the Rangers. Hmmmm Not good or bad just the way it is. Wider boats=slower speeds with same hp.
    Tritons were faster before but didn't fish as well from my experience.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

I can get my 19xs over 70 with little to no walk at all

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasman View Post
    There痴 been a lot of talk about chin walking in tritons. I was wondering if the newer models have the same issues. I知 looking at both the trx19 and trx20.
    I have a TRX19 posted in the "Boats for Sale" page, rigged out to the max and priced right. As far as chime walk it's near impossible with this boat, 70 mph fully loaded and handles rough water extremely well. Also the ride is dry, takes serious rough water to get wet...Info is posted for contacting me...thanks Jimmy

So far I've had my 21 TRX up to 74.5 mph...Didn't notice any walk but I didn't take my hands off of the steering wheel either...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasman View Post
    There痴 been a lot of talk about chin walking in tritons. I was wondering if the newer models have the same issues. I知 looking at both the trx19 and trx20.
    What did you end up buying?

Quote Originally Posted by AreTheyBiting View Post
    they're a Triton
    They will walk
    However, proper boat set up and weight distribution goes a long way to lessen it

The TRX19 & TRX20 hulls are based on the wider easier hulls to drive
    Most every boat will chine walk if you go fast enough. When I experienced it scared the crap out of me. Seat time and learning to compensate at the steering wheel to counter act it will resolve the issue. After that I never noticed it because my instincts at the steering wheel took over to control it.

11. Member
    Vexus boats is coming with a new design..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Vexus boats is coming with a new design..
    That's hilarious!!! When I saw their "aluminum fiberglass boat" I almost died laughing. So lets see a bunch of guys left companies that Johnny Morris bought to make there own boats with design information "allegedly" taken from those companies. Whether they did or not is immaterial. Lets see... Johnny Morris runs a company where he is king. There is no board of directors or stake holders. He has a net worth of 4.2 BILLION dollars and is 70 years old. I guess this accounts for many business decisions that have nothing to do with business. He bought all his rival boat building companies, built a museum, the largest aquarium, Cabelas, built golf courses one of which is back lit so you can play at night, sponsored PGA Seniors tournaments and paid to have Tiger there. Johnny at this point is only interested in being a celebrity and realizes that he can't take billions with him to the other side. The minute they come out with a fiberglass boat he will sue them out of business. Spending 100 million on attorneys to drive them under will not be a problem. Right or wrong you have to answer every suit or stop making boats. I love the fiberglass aluminum boat.... now that's a good attorney. Whats even funnier is how they try to convince you that its some kind of new boat technology. Their fiberglass boats will have rod lockers in the back and live wells in the front so they can say it does't resemble a Ranger at all. What will be even funnier is the sales rep that tells you it makes more sense to configure a boat backwards! So why didn't anyone think to make an aluminum fiberglass boat before??? Oh that's right they had no "legal reason" to do so.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    That's hilarious!!! When I saw their "aluminum fiberglass boat" I almost died laughing. So lets see a bunch of guys left companies that Johnny Morris bought to make there own boats with design information "allegedly" taken from those companies. Whether they did or not is immaterial. Lets see... Johnny Morris runs a company where he is king. There is no board of directors or stake holders. He has a net worth of 4.2 BILLION dollars and is 70 years old. I guess this accounts for many business decisions that have nothing to do with business. He bought all his rival boat building companies, built a museum, the largest aquarium, Cabelas, built golf courses one of which is back lit so you can play at night, sponsored PGA Seniors tournaments and paid to have Tiger there. Johnny at this point is only interested in being a celebrity and realizes that he can't take billions with him to the other side. The minute they come out with a fiberglass boat he will sue them out of business. Spending 100 million on attorneys to drive them under will not be a problem. Right or wrong you have to answer every suit or stop making boats. I love the fiberglass aluminum boat.... now that's a good attorney. Whats even funnier is how they try to convince you that its some kind of new boat technology. Their fiberglass boats will have rod lockers in the back and live wells in the front so they can say it does't resemble a Ranger at all. What will be even funnier is the sales rep that tells you it makes more sense to configure a boat backwards! So why didn't anyone think to make an aluminum fiberglass boat before??? Oh that's right they had no "legal reason" to do so.
    Were you drunk when you typed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    If you get a slow one, it won't chine walk!
    To funny but true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12