Merc 150 Opti ProXS Ser# 2B361754

Need a little help. I was running down the river on Sunday at WOT and got the 4-beep alarm. I immediately shut the boat down and assessed the situation. I restarted the engine and checked water output and pressure (both good). I knew the oil reservoir was full, so I proceeded slowly for about 15 minutes back to ramp. I was thinking that the boat needed to go in to the shop to have the code read since it's still under warranty. After getting the boat home I remembered that I had installed a Vessel View Mobile module, so I opened the app and found the following error message: "Emergency Stop" (then some software version info) then: "check lanyard, key engine off then restart. If condition persists - service engine soon." So my question is am I okay to continue to use the boat and see if the problem recurs, or should I get it looked at by a Mercury Service Center?

Thanks in advance.

Allen
    2017 Ranger Z518
    2017 Mercury 150 Opti ProXS
    Maxxum 80#
    Humminbird Helix(s)

2. Member
    We’re you running WOT when you stopped the motor or did you come off plane first? Wonder if the emergency stop code was what you did and not what the actual alarm was about?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. U.S. Air Force Retired Alinal's Avatar
    Running WOT when alarm sounded. I came off gas and boat came off plane at the same time. The alarm code said emergency stop, and to be honest I can't say it didn't shut itself down...
    2017 Ranger Z518
    Maxxum 80#
    Humminbird Helix(s)

4. Member
    see dealer would not run
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. U.S. Air Force Retired Alinal's Avatar
    Thanks Joe54. That's what I was thinking, too...just hate to lose boat right now...the fish are biting!
    2017 Ranger Z518
    Maxxum 80#
    Humminbird Helix(s)