Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Thee objective in fishing is catching and beating the fish not other anglers people. Come on now.

2. Member
    Like said, it sounds like he got enough bites to win. I can understand him not wanting to chase ghosts.

Day-in, day-out he is one of the most consistent anglers out there...
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    Day-in, day-out he is one of the most consistent anglers out there...
    Without a doubt.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHogs View Post
    Fished with and against the guy my whole life and I can tell you he is not one dimensional. He can and will beat your brains out several different ways... For all the naysayers and second guessers, sign up for the Opens, qualify for the Elites and go try and take his money. Hope you have a big line of credit as you are going to need it.
    No one said any of that. Of course he would take all of our money. As fans, we reserve the right to make an observation about a professionals performance, an opinion that was just validated by the professional’s own words in that article (by the way).

Not talking about his personality, or his past/present/future successes, or his ability to carry out a gameplan with incredible skill.

I’m talking about his ability to adjust that gameplan under pressure situations.

Next time he may kill it, but this time he choked. It’s pretty simple no matter how great a guy he is or how much you’ve fished with or against him.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

6. Banned
    he had the bites to win doing what he was doing. he didn't need to change...he simply needed to land the bites he had

7. Member
    You really didn't expect him to say he screwed up did you?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNRanger View Post
    No one said any of that. Of course he would take all of our money. As fans, we reserve the right to make an observation about a professionals performance, an opinion that was just validated by the professional’s own words in that article (by the way).

Not talking about his personality, or his past/present/future successes, or his ability to carry out a gameplan with incredible skill.

I’m talking about his ability to adjust that gameplan under pressure situations.

Next time he may kill it, but this time he choked. It’s pretty simple no matter how great a guy he is or how much you’ve fished with or against him.
    Dont know that I would say he "choked"
    He had the bites to win the bass master classic.....not quite "choking". Did everyone else that didnt win "choke"

I know there have been several days Im fishing where I truly believe I will catch them, and it doesnt turn out, but you have the confidence you are going to catch em on the next cast. Having that belief is confidence, not choking.

just my opinion

9. Member
    You monday morning quarterbacks crack me up!!! Had he landed one of his missed fish you all would be on here clamoring "boy knows what he's doing" "kid is the greatest stick in the country" "kid is a gamechanger when he is on the water" " I knew if the kid stuck with it he would win". You have the right to critique him but keep in mind your status in the game compared to his!!!

10. Member
    I would hope nobody considers him a kid, he's a little past that point

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I would hope nobody considers him a kid, he's a little past that point
    Unless your old like me!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Dont know that I would say he "choked"
    He had the bites to win the bass master classic.....not quite "choking". Did everyone else that didnt win "choke"

I know there have been several days Im fishing where I truly believe I will catch them, and it doesnt turn out, but you have the confidence you are going to catch em on the next cast. Having that belief is confidence, not choking.

just my opinion
    He had a big lead going into the final day and lost. I am not sure what else we are supposed to call it.

And I wouldn't base my "he didn't choke" argument on him missing bites under pressure, just adds insult to injury IMO.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    You really didn't expect him to say he screwed up did you?

I truly feel like if he screwed up he would readily admit he screwed up. He is usually pretty blunt like that.

14. Member
    He said what happened , lost fish that he should not have. Fished docks with cables , stuck a 5 pound fish and line broke. He said himself he new better and should have retied. A rookie mistake that i'am sure we all have done. Crap happens I don't care how good you are.

15. Member
    I'm not going to fault him in the slightest for sticking with what got him to the top of the greatest group of anglers in the world the first two days. The reality is he was a 13" fish away from $300,000, and it just didn't come together for him. Call it bad luck or poor decision making, I'm betting it only makes him a more determined competitor.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123