Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    No use they will still come on here saying "why didn't he pickup a wacky worm"
    Yep... They are all classic champs, remember!
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

2. Member
    one dimentional ? Uh maybe you better check his past history. dont have to go back too far either. Check last year when he won offshore catching brown bass !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    one dimentional ? Uh maybe you better check his past history. dont have to go back too far either. Check last year when he won offshore catching brown bass !
    and no fairy wand either, ha

i just hate that he was that close. a keeper away.
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

4. Banned
    I must be pretty dense, because he just admitted that he should have done something different and this loss hurt more than the 2106 loss did because it was his fault that he lost this one. What exactly are you guys trying to bash against the ones that said “he should have tried something different”?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Intimidating??? Lmao
    Its bass fishing, not MMA.
    I'm sure if they let you fish the classic you wouldn't be intimidated by anyone there. You would put those guys in their place.

6. Member
    Intimidating??? Lmao
    Guys like KVD, Hackney, Bryan Thrift and Andy Morgan intimidate other anglers and get in their head. It does not have to be physical to intimidate other competitors. Tiger Woods did it for years.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I must be pretty dense, because he just admitted that he should have done something different and this loss hurt more than the 2106 loss did because it was his fault that he lost this one. What exactly are you guys trying to bash against the ones that said “he should have tried something different”?
    The key element here is hindsight, in hindsight he should have done something different knowing what he knows now...
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I'm sure if they let you fish the classic you wouldn't be intimidated by anyone there. You would put those guys in their place.

9. Member
    Intimidating??? Lmao
    Ok what's MMA

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Because society refuses to pass judgement on people they admire. I see it everyday in parenting, politics and sports. We have somehow gotten to a point where you can't call a spade a spade anymore...
    Last edited by TNRanger; 03-20-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    I spent some time with him a couple weeks ago where we both worked a show. I asked if he was going to chase the blueback herring fish. He said "not a chance, I'll be on the bank"

Wouldn't this have violated 'outside info' w/in the non-allotted time period?

12. Precision Sonar
    With a couple of Classic runner ups, Elite Series win and a near AOY Christie is on a roll that a lot of anglers would like to be on and he is definitely near the top of his profession. Jason has run Precision Sonar Mounting systems for the last couple of years and I've had opportunities to correspond with him and he's a pretty straight forward individual. Doesn't embellish and has a very easy demeanor. Looking back maybe he could have done something different to get #5 and feels like he let the big one slip thru his fingers and no doubt, this Classic was a painful learning experience that he won't soon forget.

When he won at St. Clair he definitely figured something else out that others didn't and his win was done offshore which shows versatility and not being one dimensional.
    Sometimes I think he's a little to hard on himself but he's very realistic and "Going Down Swinging" is a good example of how everything has to go just right and there's very little room for error. I thought the article was very well written and a very good read.

https://www.bassmaster.com/jason-chr...-down-swinging

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

Tin cup comes to mind.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    https://www.bassmaster.com/jason-chr...-down-swinging

Maybe this will help some of you armchair fishermen understand what he was thinking during the Classic.

He is the most intimidating angler on tour and to me is in the top 3 of the best on tour now.
    May be. But there is only one #1 in the Classic and his decision put him at #3.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Wouldn't this have violated 'outside info' w/in the non-allotted time period?
    What info would that be? He just asked a question.

16. Member
    He had other bites that he admitted missing. Any of those other bites could have possibly put him over the hump. The misses would concern me more than not getting bit as an angler. He did it his way, can't fault him for that.

17. Member
    Fished with and against the guy my whole life and I can tell you he is not one dimensional. He can and will beat your brains out several different ways... For all the naysayers and second guessers, sign up for the Opens, qualify for the Elites and go try and take his money. Hope you have a big line of credit as you are going to need it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHogs View Post
    Fished with and against the guy my whole life and I can tell you he is not one dimensional. He can and will beat your brains out several different ways... For all the naysayers and second guessers, sign up for the Opens, qualify for the Elites and go try and take his money. Hope you have a big line of credit as you are going to need it.
    Probably the most truthful post yet!

As his camera boat a few years back I witnessed him catch over 30lbs one day as part of a 3 day total that went over 100lbs. He caught them 30-40' on a swimbait. Hard to call that one dimensional. He will get his Classic win sooner rather than later. He owes no one an apology and he is probably harder on himself than any of us could be towards him. One of the best to ever wet a line.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHogs View Post
    never met or fished against him..but I will 100% gurantee this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast