Thread: Oil pump prime

Oil pump prime

Question regarding where you plug in the CDS to perform oil pump prime
    is it the digital diagnostic terminal connector on the side of the ecm or is it the SC5000 data harness or accessory connector?
    Reason I’m asking is because one of the prongs on the sc5000 data connector was broke off when I purchased the boat and smart craft wasn’t working so I simply jumped out the connector for that one wire
    just want to know if I need to properly repair it to be able to plug in to perform oil pump prime
    also will a ddt scanner do oil pump prime? Have a friend that is a Yamaha mechanic and has a ddt but isn’t sure if it does the prime
    200hp opti serial #1b107774
    thanks
    Last edited by MH401; 03-20-2018 at 09:20 PM.

2. Member
    Any one

3. Member
    As I remember you should have a 2 pin cable (maybe 3 pin) that the DDT plugs into. Yes you can do a prime with it. I think he will need the Mercury data cartridge for his DDT. Unless he is using a laptop then he will need the software ........

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yours is a 4-pin more than likely.

if they are using G3 CDS, you will need the 10-pin Smartcraft Connector intact.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks you, I guess I’ll just repair that 10 pin just Incase