Screen Protector

Does HB or even an aftermarket company make a screen protector. Heard too many accidental wacks with a jig busting screens. Figured while im installing this thing might as well add one of made.

I know you can get those clear sorta protectors for Ipads etc. Not sure if they are of much help in the event a jig flys at it after a hook set though.

2. Member
    Here you go.... https://graphglass.com/

3. Member
    I've thought about making my own for the Helix 12 on bow. I would buy another HB protective cover cutting out most of the interior section and then rivet a thin sheet of Lexan to the remaining outer section.

4. Member
    I know for a fact the Zagg ptotectors will help prevent scratches

5. Member

6. Member
    I bought these and really like them for my Helix 12 and helix 10. I don't know if they will stop a screen from getting broke from a jig or such, but I liked the idea to have "some" protection from things. I would buy them again.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

7. Member
    Guess the only way to know is try:-) lol I’ve got just a standard screen protector it stops scratch marks but that’s about it . They do however they defeat the factory antiglare coating . How are those?

8. Member
    I am happy with mine as far as glare goes too. I was a little concerned it would be a lot worse glare but I don't notice it at all. My father-in-law was one that still had the factory plastic film still on his Helix gen1, and it was looking ruff. I talked him into getting some of the same protectors I got. After he used them the first time he couldn't get over how much brighter the screen looked. I asked him what he thought about the glare and he commented it was better than it was with the plastic on it.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

9. Member
    I just used the screen protector that came with my new units
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

10. Member
    Is it gorilla glass or is it plastic

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Is it gorilla glass or is it plastic
    If your asking me.... I don't think it's "gorilla glass", but it is a tempered glass I guess you call it like what you can put on a cell phone.

The "screen protector" that came on a new unit is really only there for packing protection. I don't think it is supposed to be a long term solution. But it does keep it covered... however... you are missing out on just how good and clear and anti-glare the screen really is if you still have the plastic one on it from the factory.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    If your asking me.... I don't think it's "gorilla glass", but it is a tempered glass I guess you call it like what you can put on a cell phone.

The "screen protector" that came on a new unit is really only there for packing protection. I don't think it is supposed to be a long term solution. But it does keep it covered... however... you are missing out on just how good and clear and anti-glare the screen really is if you still have the plastic one on it from the factory.
    that’s what I needed to know . Thanks