Thread: Kong Mount

Kong Mount

Just bought a Kong mount for my Helix 12. Will it support the weight? I also have a Dek Tek and am wondering which will provide the best support. Bow mounted Helix 12 currently on a D Ball.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtaylor418 View Post
    Just bought a Kong mount for my Helix 12. Will it support the weight? I also have a Dek Tek and am wondering which will provide the best support. Bow mounted Helix 12 currently on a D Ball.
    Watched Carl Josumsen run with I think helix 12's on the bow of his boat. Were rock solid. I was very impressed watching.

3. Member
    I have a Helix 10 on my deck mounted on the full size kong and it is rock solid. It is not on the front plate, its on the deck. If you can access the bottom of you mount point, I suggest you use bolts and fender washers, all 6 of them. Mine was done with large sheet metal/wood screws and I have not had any issues. Even when the side cosole mounted kong with a 10 finally cracked the console in heavy chop, the front has held strong. I have since fixed and properly redone the mount on the side console.

My brother has a 10 mounted on a mini kong it has been good to this point, but has not had it in real rough water just yet. He had to mount with wood screws because of no access under the mount location.