Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Wow, just read this. Prayers sent.
    Praying for a Cure

One way, or another, School security should be increased until we (Americans) can determine the root cause for these senseless shootings, and decide the best course of action to prevent them. There’s no magical answer at this point past taking steps to be prepared for when, and not if, it happens again. Mass public shootings have increased drastically in the past few years. It’s not a matter of passing more laws. It’s a matter of better enforcing the laws we have.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8shot View Post
    Gotta be fake news. Maryland has some of the most draconian gun laws in the U.S. So obviously this could not have happened.
    As a Marylander I'll add that if the red tape doesn't keep you from buying a gun the taxes will make you too poor to afford one.

CRAZY world.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    One way, or another, School security should be increased until we (Americans) can determine the root cause for these senseless shootings, and decide the best course of action to prevent them. There’s no magical answer at this point past taking steps to be prepared for when, and not if, it happens again. Mass public shootings have increased drastically in the past few years. It’s not a matter of passing more laws. It’s a matter of better enforcing the laws we have.
    Other 'civilized' countries have our movies, video games, divorces, materialism, prescriptions, etc. and nearly all have much less religion.
    Wonder what's so dang different here? Obviously there's a vast and unique undertow at work here. Anyone have a clue on this aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I just wish they would spend time and put in some effort to find the cause instead of taking the easy way out with a quick blame on the tool,even if they could make the tool disappear, it be just a band-aid and the root problem would still be there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Other 'civilized' countries have our movies, video games, divorces, materialism, prescriptions, etc. and nearly all have much less religion.
    Wonder what's so dang different here? Obviously there's a vast and unique undertow at work here. Anyone have a clue on this aspect?
    A failure to discipline, a failure to teach responsibility, a failure to teach there are winners and losers (not everyone gets a trophy). In short, a failure to raise children correctly to live in a free and open society with firearms.
    And it’s illegal in MD. for a kid to buy a gun, bring a gun to school, shoot people, and exchange gunfire with police. None of those laws were obeyed, a common denominator in all of these events. More law solves nothing.

8. Member
    Our lack of morals and overall respect for human lives. Everybody has a different view point but I believe you point to the one I believe. Other countries have the same things we do, most in much worse conditions, yet these things don't happen. It didn't happen here until we turned our back on God and it will continue until that changes. You don't necessarily have to believe in Him to agree either, but I don't think anyone can deny that the moral teachings of the Bible are something anybody should live by. That used to be the gold standard for our country and now we've turned to killing babies, sexual perversions that seem to have no end, an always me first agenda, participation trophies, etc. We as a nation just sit and let our Looney toon school systems raise our children, let doctors prescribe them into emotionless zombies, and it seems a lot of parents just use kids as a tax refund. Until we start pushing the family unit, proper moral structure, respect for life, and for parents to be parents, oh, and keep the grubby fingers of government out of our kids classrooms and minds, this will continue to get worse. I will also post a video of a very good answer to this.

9. Member

I know this looks political but it's really not. It's just a great answer to our problem without being political which is a surprise to me too

Do those other civilized country’s hand out drugs equipped with a pez dispenser ??

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    A failure to discipline, a failure to teach responsibility, a failure to teach there are winners and losers (not everyone gets a trophy). In short, a failure to raise children correctly to live in a free and open society with firearms.
    And it’s illegal in MD. for a kid to buy a gun, bring a gun to school, shoot people, and exchange gunfire with police. None of those laws were obeyed, a common denominator in all of these events. More law solves nothing.
    #1 = Europe, Canada, Australia are all more liberal than the US. Fewer uses of corporal punishment, more 'free will' for kids, more social equality.
    That's leaves your entire argument on those particular points out on the lawn while it's raining intensely. Sorry, but those ideas are toast.

#2 = Didn't ask about the laws here regarding criminal behavior, the after effects or your logic on additional laws. We are looking for causation only.
    Not really seen where it's legal to kill others in Australia, Germany, the UK, etc. And they have plenty of laws, more than us in many cases.

Could it be we have too much emphasis on religion?
    Maybe we teach violence through excessive corporal punishment?
    Lack of community?
    Not enough education perhaps?

Again, the other 'civilized' countries have our pharmaceuticals (and less expensive), video games, movies, single parents, mental illness, etc.
    There's got to be a root cause (or more than one) that is a very unique characteristic. Heck, many of the others even speak our language.
    Yet we have a violence issue that far surpasses all of the rest without even a warm up pitch, it's not even close. Obviously, we need to find it.

12. Member
    1. I didn’t say anything about liberalism. That is your interpretation.
    2. Other countries have very significant problems. Australia has one of the worst mass shootings on record. Germany has an intense problem with violent crime caused by immigrants.
    3. I don’t care that you didn’t ask about law. It’s my opinion, it’s a valid and intelligent opinion, and if you disagree that’s OK, but don’t tell me not to speak to you unless asked.
    This is not a political problem, it’s a societal problem. It appears to me to be a slow motion failure of our experiment in a free, democratic republic. There is not enough law enforcement in this country to control widespread anarchy, so everyone better learn to defend themselves as best they can.

13. Member
    Could it be the emphasis in this country is too much about winning and loosing? If your not the best or don't get that job or trophy you are considered a looser.
    If you are different you are ostracized and made fun of instead of being accepted for who you are.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post

I know this looks political but it's really not. It's just a great answer to our problem without being political which is a surprise to me too
    That gentlemen is dead on!!! I can't phathom how the liberal lady asking him that question would disagree with him.

15. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    #1 = Europe, Canada, Australia are all more liberal than the US. Fewer uses of corporal punishment, more 'free will' for kids, more social equality.
    That's leaves your entire argument on those particular points out on the lawn while it's raining intensely. Sorry, but those ideas are toast.

#2 = Didn't ask about the laws here regarding criminal behavior, the after effects or your logic on additional laws. We are looking for causation only.
    Not really seen where it's legal to kill others in Australia, Germany, the UK, etc. And they have plenty of laws, more than us in many cases.

Could it be we have too much emphasis on religion?
    Maybe we teach violence through excessive corporal punishment?
    Lack of community?
    Not enough education perhaps?

Again, the other 'civilized' countries have our pharmaceuticals (and less expensive), video games, movies, single parents, mental illness, etc.
    There's got to be a root cause (or more than one) that is a very unique characteristic. Heck, many of the others even speak our language.
    Yet we have a violence issue that far surpasses all of the rest without even a warm up pitch, it's not even close. Obviously, we need to find it.
    Do you check the local news on cities in the UK and Asia. Its over in other countries with knives and hammers and guns also. Just doesn't make the news here.
    They have cheaper drugs, but how many gets them and how long does it take to get sign up for the programs.

How many Countries have you visited and for how long did you stay in them?

16. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Just saw on the news that Canada wants to up its gun laws some more due to steady rising crime rates since 2013.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    In short, a failure to raise children correctly to live in a free and open society...
    The comedian Chris Rock might have been onto something when he said..."You don't need a scientist to tell if a kid is gonna be screwed up. If the kid calls his grandma mommy and calls his mom Pam... He's going to jail."

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Man it’s getting old. I will bet the kid is from a single parent home and he is on some type of SSRI Med. We need to address the mental health of our society. This isn’t a gun issue it’s a decay in our morals and values as a society. We just don’t respect each other like we should.

Prayers for the families and victims of yet another senseless tragedy.
    yes

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TNRanger View Post
    The SRO is a hero.
    Yes he is, but you watch the left will be crying about him taking a childs life before morning

20. Member
    I could care less what another country does. Most of the countries Jim list wouldn’t exist without the might of America! They for damn sure wouldn’t exist in the state of affairs they are today, how many of them purchase weapons from America to protect theirselves?

America has a morality problem, no mans law is going to fix it.

The far left in our country caused this mess. History proves that! Their utopia does not exist. America was formed by a bunch of rebels tired of over taxation. “in God We Trust” is printed on our money, it’s on the halls of our Congress. You are free to make that any God you choose. Yet, we have become one of the most godless major nations in the world. I take that back, people seem to worship theirselves.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast