Old hickory spawn ?

Is it possible bass are bedding now on old hickory. The water has been so messed up and cold this year I don't see how. Temps are still 55 or there about.i always thought they need 60's.
    Reason I ask is my son went bow fishing Sunday nite with a friend. Says they saw several largemouth in bull creek and other pockets nearby on bed. Said they could dang near run over them and would not move off bed. Is this possible?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pantherdad View Post
    Is it possible bass are bedding now on old hickory. The water has been so messed up and cold this year I don't see how. Temps are still 55 or there about.i always thought they need 60's.
    Reason I ask is my son went bow fishing Sunday nite with a friend. Says they saw several largemouth in bull creek and other pockets nearby on bed. Said they could dang near run over them and would not move off bed. Is this possible?
    Yes. Extremely possible. I typically start seeing a few signs of the spawn as early as 55 degrees if the time of the year is right (which it is now.)
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. Banned
    Yep it's possible the weather is off but that's part of TN weather and OH Lake. All the big fish don't always come up first up lake around bull creek . My biggest fish have came down lake in March .

4. Banned
    Nows the time to start fishing OH LAKE at night for those big females w a spinner bait slow rolled in pockets off creek channel bends .

5. Member
    I remember 10-12 years ago guys were catching 20-25+ lb bags on Friday night.Maybe now I know how.

6. Banned
    I remember 10-12 years ago guys were catching 20-25+ lb bags on Friday night.Maybe now I know how.
    You mean the "good Ol' boy" Friday night tournament was a different breed back then, I heard it was a frog bite ....lol

7. Member
    Temps this week may knock it back but bet your bottom dollar with a full moon April 1 the first wave will be on the spawning banks. Caught a 5lb Sunday in 2’ on a spinner bait, 54 degree water. Pale fish, indicator of a new arrival to the shallows. They can spawn below 60, fry survival depends on steady temps above 60.

8. Member
    Looks like the next 10 days temps are going to be pretty stable so guess spawn will be on. What's everyone's favorite lure during spawn?

9. Banned
    Looks like the next 10 days temps are going to be pretty stable so guess spawn will be on. What's everyone's favorite lure during spawn?

Senko , floating worm , gitzit , all color rubber skirted jig