1999 225 3.0 EFI Merc, Tubing Question

Hey all, first post. A huge thanks to the members of this site and all the info available. I have been reading everything there is to know about my 225 and mercury EFI in general. I picked up 1999 Nitro Savage 912 with a 225 Merc EFI (S/N 0G813540) a few weeks ago. Having some issues (excessive fuel coming from intake) but have not yet checked through the many easy possibilities I have read on this forum (Clean VST, float needle, FPR filter, mech fuel pump diaphragm, etc) so my question doesn't concern that YET.

My main question, one of which will be many eventually: The short (5" or so long) tube that comes off the top of the fuel pressure regulator and goes to the back of the manifold was kinked, basically bent in half. I have no idea how long it was bent, but the tubing is holding a memory and wont smooth out, possibly cracked at the bend.

-What size is that tubing so I can replace it? I can't find that info anywhere and the part number: 827694, doesn't yield a decent result online. I found an ebay sale of new old stock tubing already cut to length, but its $60 and comes with 5 pieces of tubing. I figured someone may know a better alternative seeing how it is just regular tubing.

-What happens to the motor when that tubing is kinked or torn? Is that a vac reference? Does it cause the motor flood or lean out?

Thanks all for any help or advice.
    Last edited by Slick912; 03-21-2018 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Added more info

2. Member
    Not clear on which hose you need....maybe a pic.

3. Member

Not sure if this will work since I'm new.

4. Member
    I tried to post a pic, but I'm new and it requires approval.

Does a link work?
    http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercury/225%283.0L EFI%29/0G760300 THRU 0T408999/Vapor Seperator Components/parts.html
    Last edited by Slick912; 03-21-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Add link?

5. Member
    I tried a pic and a link. But I'm new and it requires approval.

Take it off and go to a Mercury dealer. He will most likely have tubing in bulk and can cut you a piece the length you need. You can trim as needed to eliminate kinking.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

7. Member
    That's a good idea Gamblin. There is an authorized merc service place about an hour from me.

Do you or anyone else know what side effect kinked fuel pressure regulator tubing does does to the motor?