Low voltage box a128/98

I'm getting a low voltage box pop up after 2 hours of using the side and down imaging on my a128 & a98. Tried restarting but it starts acting up, like going back to home screen. If I leave it on mapping or 2d it will work. Also changed the crank battery and same result. What's the primary reason for low voltage after two hours of units on? Seems if it would be my wiring it would pop up immediately. Also, some of those screw locks that keep the wiring tight on the back of the unit have cracked and not holding the cable firmly on. Possibly that? Any input is appreciated.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Are you running the latest software??

The side and down will use more power, have you checked the voltage before and when you get the alarm to see what it is.

Raymarine has great Customer Support that probably has a better idea of what you could do.

3. Member
    Probably need to call tech support. Low Voltage pops up any time voltage drops.

Possible causes
    * Battery issue
    * Wiring issue
    * Wire too small
    * Power cord issue

Again, Tech Support is the best source for that 800-539-5539 or try the Forum http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=158

4. Member
    Yes I have latest software. I'll call tech support. Thanks

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    A thread form the Raymarine forum on the subject.
    http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=5014

I my battery is even a little low I get the same thing on my A98. Unit seems to still work fine but you cant get rid of the warning box covering the screen. I have had this boat many years and have tried every brand at one time. Even with 8ga wire to starting battery I only see 10-11 volts on the screen (although at the plug is 12.5+.

Any way....I now charge battery every trip and seems to be OK with no more message. I saw no setting to turn this message off when I did get it