Older hot foot.....I think?

Hey guys bought a new to me boat and has a black plastic th marine hot foot and I cannot find anything about it on Google. Does anyone have one or know anything about them?
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

Are you positive its made by TH Marine?

I've never seen a plastic Hot Foot. Even way back all I've ever seen is cast aluminium or other metals
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

Quote Originally Posted by texasbass1 View Post
    I've never seen a plastic Hot Foot. Even way back all I've ever seen is cast aluminium or other metals

Teleflex makes one. The foot itself is plastic with all other parts being metal or aluminium.That's the reason I was asking if he was for sure that the one he has was made by TH Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Teleflex makes one. The foot itself is plastic with all other parts being metal or aluminium.That's the reason I was asking if he was for sure that the one he has was made by TH Marine.
    You know that makes sense since it is under the console and everytime I look at it it's in a shadow and all I see is a T and I just automatically assume TH not teleflex. I thank you for pointing that out! So with that being said how are they compared to the TH?

I don't know how to compare them because I have never had anything but a Teleflex...looking at where you place your foot on the pedal my hot foot it is one large solid piece of heavy duty material that appears to be made of plastic or some type of composite material. It's definitely not aluminum or any type of metal. The best way I can describe mine is the pedal is attached to a mechanism/box. This is where the cables come in and it is where the spring and moving parts are located. I have had mine 16 years. Only issue I ever had was about 5-6 years after buying the boat the hoot foot did not want to return all the way 100%. It was like it only returned 95% of the way. I gave all the moving parts a shot of WD40 and the problem went away. I now do this as my yearly maintenance routine...zero issues. I like my teleflex hotfoot.

Thank you so much! I'll be giving it a spray later this week now.