Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I went through the process of mine being totaled last year, Jeff Priester at Nixon's Marine was a great help. I'd call Willie Nelson over in Lakewood at Nixon's, he's even got at least one Z520 in stock.

Ive recently had my boat totaled it took 5 months to get it all taken care of

Thats peanuts for an insurance company , treat them with respect and you will be taken care of .

4. Member
    What Insurance Company is a BBC sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    My curiosity is killing me. Why did your boat and trailer fly off the road? How did it become detached?

Are you one of those guys that think a bow strap, transom straps, and a safety chain will keep a boat on a trailer??????

Well it won't, unless it is just from road bumps.

Kenny, my advice is------ only one shop would be working on that boat.-------Ranger Boats Flippin Arkansas.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Are you one of those guys that think a bow strap, transom straps, and a safety chain will keep a boat on a trailer??????

No, but a ball and a hitch will keep the trailer hooked to the truck. That's why he asked how the two became uncoupled.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    No, but a ball and a hitch will keep the trailer hooked to the truck. That's why he asked how the two became uncoupled.
    Been discussed here before but I have a friend that totaled his boat cause the nut on the hitch worked loose and the hitch ball popped off. One of the best things I ever did was tac weld that nut to the hitch so that it can’t work loose
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I've had 4 boats totaled,
    2 in onroad accidents, and 2 burned in a garage fire.

DEMAND that your insurance company totals it!!!
    if they won't, then have them sign a clause, where if anything happens, while your flying around on the lake at 60mph, that is related to the possible "unseen" damage on the boat from the accident, THEY ARE LIABLE FOR IT! That's EXACTLY what I did on one of my claims, and they considered it totaled next day!............GUARANTEE THEY WILL CONSIDER IT TOTALED BEFORE SIGNING THAT PAPER!! !
    I guess you are the reason my insurance premium went up 25 percent even though I have never made a claim. That is some bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I've had 4 boats totaled,
    2 in onroad accidents, and 2 burned in a garage fire.

DEMAND that your insurance company totals it!!!
    if they won't, then have them sign a clause, where if anything happens, while your flying around on the lake at 60mph, that is related to the possible "unseen" damage on the boat from the accident, THEY ARE LIABLE FOR IT! That's EXACTLY what I did on one of my claims, and they considered it totaled next day!............GUARANTEE THEY WILL CONSIDER IT TOTALED BEFORE SIGNING THAT PAPER!! !

I did the samething Jeff. Guy ran into the back of my boat in 2001 ( tailgater). I was at LOZ, called for a rollback and had him take it 70 miles to a shop. 2 months later I receive a call from this guys insurance company when I was at work and they tell me my boat is done. I asked them if it was sitting at my house, NO, they wanted me to drive 70 miles south of LOZ and pick it up. I told them to call me back with the ph number of whoever was delivering it to Iowa.
    When it came to signing a release, I told them no way was I letting them off the hook. If that outboard breaks loose under power it becomes a passenger, between me and my passenger. His insurance company tried to tell me this and that, I gave them my lawyer ph. Number.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post

But it but but but, I read on a fishing message board-------

12. Member
    My first call would be to Ranger. See if you can take it to them or their repair shop. Explain what happened, and ask them for a full estimate and repair to make sure you can continue with their hull warranty. Ranger or their shop will know where to look for tell tail cracks throughout the rig. If they are comfortable fixing it and you keep the hull warranty great. If they can't fix it and keep the warranty in tact then the boat is totaled because they can't make you whole. If that is the case have Ranger write a letter explaining the situation. I think it probably is anyway from your description. The hydraulics of that boat slamming on the trailer then again on the ground after flying 50 feet will probably put stress cracks all over that hull. Send it to ranger to check it out and hopefully total it. With this kind of damage don't take it down the street to a shop that makes money repairing fiberglass and gives a year warranty, take it to the manufacturer. If Ranger won't look at it (which I doubt) Take it down the road from there to Wright Way Boat Repair , Garry Wright. Good luck

13. Member
    Ya I had it towed to Nixions already and Jeff has been great working with me!!!

14. Member
    My thoughts exactly!!! If I’d dosen get totaled it will be going back to Ranger.

15. Member
    I really appreciate all the advice. Hoping to hear something from Nixions Marina and the insurance company next week. Really hoping it’s totaled. Jeff at Nixions already said Engine is total loss. Now just waiting for the Hull. Worst case scenario I will be sending it to Ranger.

16. Member
    If it does not get totaled and Ranger fixes it you will be fine. I wrecked a 1 year old BassCat 12 years ago and it had stress cracks all over the hull from the wreck and lots of other damage, transom etc. Garry fixed it at his shop (he works for BassCat) I ran the boat in the LA delta and Toledo Bend for 10 years after he fixed it and when I sold it a couple of years ago there was not a stress crack on it. Hope that makes you feel a little better. He fixed another one for me this year, came back better than new. Biggest issue is being without a boat for 4-6 months. If I wreck another one I'm buying another one and selling one of them after it is repaired. Getting too old to miss 6 months of fishing

17. Member

Nope, not me. Was just curious how it became airborne. He said it flew across the road. Might have been a lesson for some of us. His prerogative to not tell what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Brzx200 View Post
    What Insurance Company is a BBC sponsor?
    Worldwide Marine Insurance.
    Best in the business if you want boat insurance. They’re know more about insuring boats and boaters than anyone I’ve ever dealt with in the past. And just great folks when it comes to handling a claim.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

No, and they won’t keep a trailer hitched to a two vehicle. Read the OPs post.
    Sounds like the boat AND the trailer left the road. As in came unhooked from the tow vehicle.
    Per the OP,
    The boat and trailer flew off the road and went airborne for around 50ft and when they hit the ground the boat became detached from the trail and was airborne for another 50ft .
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

My curiosity is killing me. Why did your boat and trailer fly off the road? How did it become detached?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast