Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I only have one request for the 20-21' fiberglass bass boats.

Please make the rod lockers on the front deck so rods can be installed on the drivers side verses the passenger side, or just make both sides rod lockers. Let the angler decide where they want to store their rods and how they wish to distribute weight in the boat.

95% of the time an angler is fishing by himself, this puts more weight on the drivers side. Rods weigh nothing so it makes sense to have a rod locker on the drivers side so additional stored items can be kept on the passenger side, balancing out the boat.

Thanks in advance if Vexus engineers agree with my thought process and implement a logical idea.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    Please make the rod lockers on the front deck so rods can be installed on the drivers side verses the passenger side, or just make both sides rod lockers. Let the angler decide where they want to store their rods and how they wish to distribute weight in the boat.

95% of the time an angler is fishing by himself, this puts more weight on the drivers side. Rods weigh nothing so it makes sense to have a rod locker on the drivers side so additional stored items can be kept on the passenger side, balancing out the boat.

Thanks in advance if Vexus engineers agree with my thought process and implement a logical idea.
    I totally agree. I am not a fan of the center rod box fad.

I agree i like rods port/starboard, but if i could get 2/4 rods in the center like the current skeeter fx 20/21 i think that would be great,
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Harris View Post
    I totally agree. I am not a fan of the center rod box fad.
    I too am not a center rod box fan.

5. Member
    Another thing I would ask is make the whole glove box molded, like Ranger used to do. Now it is flimsy plastic with screws coming loose and things slipping through. And a designated recessed area with cover on side of boat, under driver console for sonic hub, and imaging box

6. Member
    Totally agree ! This whole center rod box thing is odd .

Quote Originally Posted by dvkawboy View Post
    Totally agree ! This whole center rod box thing is odd .

To me it's the center rod box is they highlight on the front deck.

8. Member
    also do not put carpet in rod boxes...ranger finally got that right on its L series.. also no carpet in the cockpit...

9. Banned
    Could you at least make it faster than a Ranger ... shouldn't be too hard to do.

10. Member
    FULL length rod boxes on BOTH sides. CENTER rod box holding 6 or 8 rods along top with DEEP storage underneath. Look at the Charger Elite 210--PERFECT front deck layout with 2 DEEP big storage boxes on back deck. Also, please offer the CHOICE in the rod boxes of EITHER the rodholders and tubes OR just a carpeted open full length rod boxes on each side. Personally, it's easier, faster, and simpler to get rods in and out using the rod socks with almost no limit on number of rods. PLEASE allow for 8 foot rods. One more request--PLEASE go with full length DIVIDED live well like in your aluminum boats. I AM waiting to see your lineup of glass boats because do intend to buy a new boat after seeing what Vexus has to offer. Thanks.

11. Member
    2002 Ranger 518vx deck layout. Put the cooler as the step. Bulk Rod boxes (no tubes) on either side, storage in the middle.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    2002 Ranger 518vx deck layout. Put the cooler as the step. Bulk Rod boxes (no tubes) on either side, storage in the middle.
    Exact boat I now own and also why I would LOVE to see Vexus laid out as I described above.

13. Member
    Center storage that fits 3700 boxes neatly... like a Legend v20 center compartment.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

14. Member
    How about an extra tube under the main wiring harness so us amateurs can pull wires without disturbing factory wiring . It would be a lot easier changing lectronics

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Amen^^^^^^

16. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    How about an extra tube under the main wiring harness so us amateurs can pull wires without disturbing factory wiring . It would be a lot easier changing lectronics

There is a 1.5 inch rigging tube that runs fron the front of the console to the bow panel, a 1.5 ibnchnriggng tube run from the back of the console to the rear battery compartment.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    There is a 1.5 inch rigging tube that runs from the front of the console to the bow panel, a 1.5 inch rigging tube run from the back of the console to the rear battery compartment.
    Steve are these empty tubes - i.e. additional tubes?
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

18. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    The one to the bow has the Bow Light wires and the Bow Electronics cables (Trolling motors goes up the port side)
    Tube to the rear has engine and dash wiring .

19. Member
    I really like a center rod box with deep storage underneath.

20. Member
    cooler up against the livewell like my 08 520. never lose fish in the summer. water in livewell is cooler than the hulls with the cooler as a step.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast