Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    A spare rigging tube on the starboard side would be nice. And I don't particularly care which side my rod locker is on but I do want the storage system to be removable! The foamed in rod tubes on my 520 break rod eyes and are a pita in general, even with rod socks.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    I have always felt the rods box should be located on the right side of the boat.
    Most anglers are right handed and tend to fish off the port side. Example: side hand casting a crank bait on starboard side tends to hit the console windshield.
    During tournaments, I am more likely to change baits, than change rods. Why Have tackle storage on the outboard lockers, that are covered with rods on the deck?
    Keep tackle storage in the center lockers.

A small day box near the front of the deck. Perfect for keeping soft plastic being used.

Adjustable drivers seat.

An actual location set up specifically to store a spare prop. Shaft to fit the hub, with a large spin on/off wing nut!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    I dont know how the concept of a middle rod storage got started but it is a terrible idea

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Harris View Post
    I dont know how the concept of a middle rod storage got started but it is a terrible idea
    Agree

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Harris View Post
    i bet a bunch of "Expert" fisherman gave their opinion on what they wanted to see in the next generation of boat and that was one thing they wanted . . . . .

Center rod storage is great in a walleye boat with dual consoles and a 5' front deck, they can make the space between the consoles higher, witch accommodates rods and get your hips above the windshields so its easier to pass through, win win....

center tackle storage is better for weight distribution since it is centered and can be deeper! Rods are light onn He side of the boat
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    To each his own. But, a long, DEEP (with room for many 3700 size Plano boxes standing on rear edge), and having room for 6 or 8 rods running along top is a GREAT idea. Rod tubes set into FRONT of compartment where front wall is anyhow. Don't have to put rods there if don't want to. I'm just saying GREAT way to utilize every last bit of space to something useful.

8. Banned
    I think people carry way too much crap in their boat. When I head to to a tournament, I already know what baits I will be using, what rods I'll be using (3 to 4 at most), what necessary clothes I will be needing etc ...
    After I'm packed and ready to go, I have more storage space than I ever needed, heck I have empty compartments that I could fit my whole body in.

Some people appear to live in their boat .... get rid of all that unnecessary crap! People worried about how much horse power they can have hanging off the back! Most of you could gain 10 MPH top end if you clean out your compartments.

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I think people carry way too much crap in their boat. When I head to to a tournament, I already know what baits I will be using, what rods I'll be using (3 to 4 at most), what necessary clothes I will be needing etc ...
    After I'm packed and ready to go, I have more storage space than I ever needed, heck I have empty compartments that I could fit my whole body in.

Some people appear to live in their boat .... get rid of all that unnecessary crap! People worried about how much horse power they can have hanging off the back! Most of you could gain 10 MPH top end if you clean out your compartments.
    you are definitely the exception to the rule and i applaud your effort !

I completely agree. The largest thief of storage space is folks believing that they have to carry every bait they own "just in case." When, in fact, 80% of those baits won't be used once during the entire season.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

i Marshaled for Rick Clunn few years back for an early season event. in his boat he carried three rods and three 3700 tackle boxes and that was it !
    when i asked him about it, he said "this is the only way i caught them during practice" - removing all temptation to fish other baits i guess ?

12. Member
    I would ask to consider installing storage and live well lids that are strong enough not to crack and become soft over time. Also, why do we still have most of the pure bass boats made with carpeted floors and decks. There has to be a better surface than carpet which holds moisture, dirt and grime and stains easily. Let us fish with live bait and catfish bait without knowing we will destroy our carpet. Swing fish on the deck knowing that whatever stinky slime lands on the deck can be washed. Perhaps some surface like the mat offered on the L boats from Ranger. Also, as I saw elsewhere +1 on no plastic on dash and consoles, make them simple and use the same fiberglass used to in the consoles themselves. I haven't seen the new Vexus boats but I wonder what that black insert on the console of the new tin rigs is made of?
    Last edited by David g; 04-07-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David g View Post
    I would ask to consider installing storage and live well lids that are strong enough not to crack and become soft over time. Also, why do we still have most of the pure bass boats made with carpeted floors and decks. There has to be a better surface than carpet which holds moisture, dirt and grime and stains easily. Let us fish with live bait and catfish bait without knowing we will destroy our carpet. Swing fish on the deck knowing that whatever stinky slime lands on the deck can be washed. Perhaps some surface like the mat offered on the L boats from Ranger. Also, as I saw elsewhere +1 on no plastic on dash and consoles, make them simple and use the same fiberglass used to in the consoles themselves. I haven't seen the new Vexus boats but I wonder what that black insert on the console of the new tin rigs is made of?
    I totally agree. Seems this is an area that manufactures have lagged WAY behind while innovation continues in other areas. To me the cost would not be any greater then carpet in my opinion other than to invest and innovate a carpet alternative. These materials are not rocket science surfaces. Just my opinion manufactures have been lazy. It''s way overdue for all bass boats to have an alternative to carpet. Why not add more comfort for fisherman who are standing all day on the deck with stain resistant membrane surface from fishing related debris.

Cost: Having pre-cut sections for boats being built with drain lines makes sene to me. The first boat company to start offering this will attract many new buyers.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 04-07-2018 at 03:08 PM.

14. Member
    I totally agree having the short rod box and or cooler on the right side is absolutely stupid!!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

15. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David g View Post

The black insert is finished metal plates that not only look good but adds even more reinforcement to the console.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    I totally agree having the short rod box and or cooler on the right side is absolutely stupid!!!
    Personally, I like how Vexus designed the the floor plan as it is.

17. Member
    All I know is Vexus better do as I asked because, I will not hesitate to put Bass Pro Shops bumper stickers on Vexus employee vehicles

.................................................. ............................................. .................................................. .....................................

18. Member
    Reading through this thread, one thing jumps out at me - and that is that everyone has their own preferences.

What about offering different "floor plans" that can be selected when ordering the boat? Wouldn't that be a new thing to the high-end bass boat industry?
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    Reading through this thread, one thing jumps out at me - and that is that everyone has their own preferences.

What about offering different "floor plans" that can be selected when ordering the boat? Wouldn't that be a new thing to the high-end bass boat industry?
    Motor point, not convenient for dealers to pre order tho,

to the coment that someone up there made^^^ how do you like the floor plan for a couple models of boats that are not released yet?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    All I know is Vexus better do as I asked because, I will not hesitate to put Bass Pro Shops bumper stickers on Vexus employee vehicles

.................................................. ............................................. .................................................. .....................................
    Now that was funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast