cable replacement questions on maxxum 74 for Mr. Jones.

Ok, Ive done this several times in the past, but for some reason I did something wrong. I bought a new cable kit, installed left cable (longer cable) in the pedal on the left side looking at pedal from the bottom, wrapped it around pulley inside pedal since it was the longer cable. marked cable end so I know it was the left cable. inside the control box of the motor i put that cable on the left side of the retainer, and wrapped it around the bottom of the cable drum, I did all of the opposite for the right cable, tightened up tension screw till it bottomed out and cables never tightened, whats the correct sequence here, the cable installation paper that came with each cable does not explain what cable goes on which side in the head or the pedal, also, just so i'm remembering correctly, push the pedal forward boat goes right, push pedal back boat goes left.

2. Member
    This has been mentioned a few times on here. Cables have to be crossed so that the left cable is on the right in the control box.(long Cable) Then it will work right. You have to physically swap the cables in the head. Kudos to you. At least you gave it a shot.

3. Member
    Sounds like you put the long cable on the left side of the cable holder. Don't sound like you wrapped the drum with enough wraps.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]