USA Interested in re-powering to Suzuki

Looking to switch from a 2001 Merc 200hp Opti to the Suzuki 4 stroke 200.. closet dealer is Chatlee in Sanford, NC.. looking for thoughts about the Suzuki, it’s components, and worthwhile add-on’s? Also, if anyone has first hand info on Chatlee..

Thank you,
    Dave
    Last edited by CigarBasser; 03-20-2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

2. Member
    There were a number of features that Suzuki offered that made me choose them. I purchased the 150ss. First of all my Suzuki holds 8.5 quarts of oil. Merc and Yamaha hold 4.5. My Suzuki uses a metal timing chain internal in the motor and not a belt that is a maintanence item on the other manufacturers. My Suzuki has a 2.5 to ! Gear reduction so I can turn big pitch props. I have had zero issues with mine and it sips fuel. Now that I have had mine for 18 months I am never going to use any other brand.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

3. Member
    One other feature that the 150ss has that sold me was the 150ss has a built in water cooled battery isolator. I can charge my auxiliary battery off the outboard just by purchasing a cable and plugging it into the motor.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

Thanks Henry

5. Banned
    if you order by end of March (I think that's the deadline), the motor comes with the standard 3 yr warranty, plus an additional 3 year aftermarket on top of that (about a $1500 value) through Cornerstone Warranty.

6. Banned
    It is best if you have a good local Suzuki dealer. In some areas, Suzuki dealers are few and far between.

You might want compare the prices quoted for engines with one of the big Florida dealers selling engines in bulk for repowering.

They are great engines. But Suzuki is not the best company in parts availability. And many marine mechanics are unfamiliar setting up Suzuki engines with large, high pitch, slow turning props.