Thread: Zx250

Zx250

So after a year of owning this boat is has exceeded my expectations and then some...I had my old Bumble Bee for a long time and knew how to handle it.. And I do kinda miss it at times....but... This boat takes big rough water like a dream...20 plus mph winds on Wheeler can make for a miserable day... Certainly a miserable drive... This boat, now that I'm used to it has no issues with windy days on the water... And better yet, I can move when I'm done... So glad my buddy Harry turned me onto Skeeters....I do believe my next will be an FX but until then im really digging this one.. Stable fishing platform... Comfortable.. Very easy to drive... Plenty of room... Glad it's parked in my garage...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Have had my 18 now for 3 weeks and couldn't agree with you more. Really like everything about it, and coming out of my 18.5 ft ZX which I had for the last 19 years it's like night and day. Still have some dialing in to do with my Hydraulic JP but that will come with seat time. Only have 1/2 the break in time on her but did run her up once in hour 5 to 73.9 for just a short time. Boat absolutely scoots. Will be sending the T2 off to Lanier props after breakin to get worked. Think she will run mid 70's after that. Very very pleased.

3. Member
    If your already hitting those numbers i wouldn't bother sending the prop anywhere.
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

4. Member
    Could not agree more with you any more it is the most stable platform i have been on. And really like the ride and handling

I have had my 2008 ZX250 for 10 years and got 985 hours behind the wheel and still loving it. No thoughts of changing at all.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

6. Member
    almost 1000 hrs on the hpdi. that's really good

Same rig, same color, same dealership and same thoughts. 2015 w/ 300hrs on her and she has been flawless!!!! Not a single hiccup out of the SHO and the ZX is a nice fishing platform!!
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

8. Member
    Same here, I have a 2015 and it has been a great boat. If I ever run something other than Skeeter one day, it will definitely have a Yamaha powering it. Speed and fuel efficiency is head and shoulders above all.

Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    almost 1000 hrs on the hpdi. that's really good
    Unheard of..must have a genie in his pocket..

Jonathan Hillstrand

Saturday I had a local club tournament...one of the guys has a very good looking bumble bee, very nice boat, pulls up next to me about 71 mph running up river, hands all over the wheel...now me in the Skeeter, got one hand on the wheel just cruising wot as smooth as can be and this Bee next me is trying to pass but has to let out because of chinewalk...that old bumble bee bump...he comes back, all he can do to hold onto the bee looks like...me and my partner are talking to each other about it, at 71...like a Sunday drive down the highway for me...while he's having work at it...I finally back off to let him go so I can get to my spot and continue not catching fish but hey at least I got the best driving and most stable boat on the water....just need to rid fishing Gremlins from it and I'll be good...

Jonathan Hillstrand

11. Moderator
    Have a 2004 ZX250 since new and still enjoy every trip in it.

My FX 20 sure rides and drives like a dream. I was running down the lake in a small chop last weekend doing about 70 because it’s not like I run it wide open every where I go and some guy in a Bullet came by me must have been running 80 or 85. That thing was chine walking all over the place. I noticed he had a helmet on so I guess he was expected the worse. Just reminded me that 70 is plenty darn fast enough.

13. Member
    at 75, my 09 iclass will walk a little. I don't wear a helmet as that is a bit quicker than a normal trip 4 me

There's a little driver input required to get those Bullets to go that fast...

Jonathan Hillstrand

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcd1732 View Post
    My FX 20 sure rides and drives like a dream. I was running down the lake in a small chop last weekend doing about 70 because it’s not like I run it wide open every where I go and some guy in a Bullet came by me must have been running 80 or 85. That thing was chine walking all over the place. I noticed he had a helmet on so I guess he was expected the worse. Just reminded me that 70 is plenty darn fast enough.
    I agree, once you hit 70 it is fast enough. I have ran my ZX 250 up to 75 and that was plenty.