225 EFI Missing When Cold

I have a low hour (180) 2001 225 EFI. Motor runs great except when it is dead cold such as first launch idling through the no wake zone. When you give it fuel to get on plane it sounds like it is loading up and i have to feather the throttle. Eventually it will clear up and get on plane and runs fine thereafter. Starts great hot or cold. It has just recently developed this. i am meticulous on maintenance. I run quick kleen every tank. I have read that it could be the oil reservoir check valve?? I have taken it off and have another on order to try. You can blow through it both directions with little effort. Not sure how to test these. I know from being around plumbing that the purpose of a check valve is to let something go one direction and not the other but not sure if that mentality applies here. I am also going to clean the throttle plates while i am in there. There seems to be a bunch of crud on the back side of them. Is there anything else to look at? I have also changed the plugs, fuel filter and had the TPS checked with no avail.

2001 225 EFI
    S/N OT336013

2. Banned
    Take the screen out of the fuel pump and clean it. That might solve your problem. Check your fuel pressure too if you have a gauge.

3. Kllr bee
    when you are warming up motor make sure you have the port on the back of the midsection above the water to let the motor breathe. If not it will load up and miss until it gets on plane and clears out.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by kllr bee View Post
    when you are warming up motor make sure you have the port on the back of the midsection above the water to let the motor breathe. If not it will load up and miss until it gets on plane and clears out.
    Richard
    Mine will still do it the first holeshot of the morning, fine from then on.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."