Compression check results 2005 mercury verado 250hp?

I did cold engine a compression test and i got 135 at cylinders 1,2,3,4,5 and 130 at cylinder 6. is that bad or does it vary with engine temp? What is good compression on mercury verado 250 hp 2005? Thank you in advance.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Can’t use COLD tests. See Service Manual for proper WARM procedure (leak down test is even better).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Can’t use COLD tests. See Service Manual for proper WARM procedure (leak down test is even better).
    I don't have service manual for mercury verado 2005 250hp. Can you help mi how is proper way to compression check and what is the number for normal pressure? Thank you in advance an sorry for my bad English

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Compression Testing

The link above gives the traditionally accepted method for Compression testing. HOWEVER- since the Verado is a DTS (Digital Throttle and Shift) engine, we utilize LEAKDOWN testing as the best measure of cylinder/engine health.

If you were to do a compression test following the methods used traditionally, the readings would be substantially higher than what you reported initially.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Compression Testing

The link above gives the traditionally accepted method for Compression testing. HOWEVER- since the Verado is a DTS (Digital Throttle and Shift) engine, we utilize LEAKDOWN testing as the best measure of cylinder/engine health.

If you were to do a compression test following the methods used traditionally, the readings would be substantially higher than what you reported initially.
    Thank you very much EuropeanAM