Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The engine we have is fully broken in and they will be running it soon. Time was not available before the Classic. We really wanted to know before Greenville.

Has anyone tested the Etec200 G2? Seems new series motor has become more popular on Rangers. Would be interesting to get numbers on that setup. However the new Merc Fourstoke sounds very interesting.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The engine we have is fully broken in and they will be running it soon. Time was not available before the Classic. We really wanted to know before Greenville.

That's great news! I must have misunderstood the info at the Expo....

I'll say this...After the test ride at Hartwell I would imagine a P-Classic with a 3.4 four-stroke Merc running a four blade prop would be able to get on plane in a kiddie pool.

4. Member
    I was told from a dealer I could get the advantage seating on the classic ??? Also if I add a extra bilge pump would it be tied in the original bilge or sperate hose /fitting ? And for the tool holder and ruler holder future placement on 2019 models ?

The Avdvantage seating will not fit the seat assembly in a Pantera Classic.

6. Member
    I was looking at, okay drooling all over, the new Pantera Classic at the Northwest Sports Show in Minneapolis last night. That boat is an incredible value. And not in the sense of being cheap, but as in being built well, while not going into all the fancy gadgets and gizmos that drive the price up. If I could get that boat in the garage, I would have put a down payment on it last night and just had Eddy drop it off on the way back to Mille Lacs. Unfortunately without some major structural changes to the garage I can not get it in there, can't even build a dog house big enough for the motor with my garage setup. I will have to wait til the next house to buy a new Classic.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I was looking at, okay drooling all over, the new Pantera Classic at the Northwest Sports Show in Minneapolis last night. That boat is an incredible value. And not in the sense of being cheap, but as in being built well, while not going into all the fancy gadgets and gizmos that drive the price up. If I could get that boat in the garage, I would have put a down payment on it last night and just had Eddy drop it off on the way back to Mille Lacs. Unfortunately without some major structural changes to the garage I can not get it in there, can't even build a dog house big enough for the motor with my garage setup. I will have to wait til the next house to buy a new Classic.
    Thanks for posting. I’m going to check it out today.

That is one cool boat. It will scoot with any motor I am sure. This boat will be a best seller as soon as the new Merc 4 stroke is released.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 03-26-2018 at 05:06 PM.

9. Member
    WOW, they blew you off on the G2 Question. Great motor very strong, drove a Erya with a G2 and WOW. But I would like to know performance with a G2 HO on the Classic too. Also I'd like to see some dual consoles pic's on a Classic Or Pic's with Poles. Great Rig

The G2 has not been rigged yet on a Pantera Classic that we are aware of. No blowing off, just not one ordered to know the experience.

11. Member
    I have one with a 200 SHO, aside from performance issues with my engine I'm pleased.

PLENTY of room up front for two to sit side by side and fish (I spider rig alot). Hole is good, speed wise the best I've seen is 66mph @ 5,150-5200 rpms. I'm guessing it will run low 70's once my dealer/Yamaha gets the kinks worked out. Enough storage to meet my needs and then some, but I don't pack a tackle shop. Ride is good and what little rough water I've experienced (1.5-2.ft whitecaps on Ky. Lake) left me with a good impression, I stayed dry and didn't have to crawl back to the dock. Very nimble/responsive to driver inputs using the hotfoot/trim and/or trolling motor. Extremely stable even with two guys up front.

It meets my needs because 1) living in So. Ohio our lakes are fairly small and don't warrant a boat > 20ft, 2) I needed a deck wide enough for two people to sit side by side comfortably while spider rigging, 3) big enough to fish Ky. Lake and not have to worry and fast enough that it doesn't take me forever to get where I'm going, 4) fit and finish and BC support after the sale are a given. Storing my boat storage wasn't an issue, as I live in the country and have a carport with sides behind my house.

Great report. Thanks! Ky Lake is all the validation one can ask for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12