Thread: Tiger koolaide

Tiger koolaide

Sure he is a great golfer, but i just dont get it.

There are some, and they are considered once in a generation, that just flat out move the needle. Tiger is one of those. I cannot explain it, but those rare ones just have it. I cannot define "it", but he has it. Jack had it, Arnie too, MJ had it, Magic, Bird, etc.
    If Jack and Arnie played in the modern environment, the internet would blow up. Twitter would have melted when Jack made his masters run in 1986.
    I know this, he redefined what a golfer was, he could hit shots in the 90's that no other golfer, at that time, could even consider. Now we have athletes everywhere on the golf course, most of therm are fit and trim and were inspired by Tiger. I can tell you this too, let him be in contention at the Masters and the earth may stop rotating on it's axis.

But, like I said, I cannot define it, but I have seen a few of them in my time.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

3. Member
    Maybe you just need a refresher:

... just to name a few - and it aint over yet.
    ZEROCOOL
    '07 Tracker Avalanche
    Mercury Optimax 115

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Tiger brought tons of non-golf fans to the game. While his run in the early 2000s was one of the best ever, he had an advantage at that time that no one else had, the modern golf ball. It took years before the other companies caught up and Nike let even its own other staffers use that ball. That gets swept under the rug a lot.