Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

S. Clark ? Vexus 1980

1. What gauge aluminum is used?
    2. Is it the same gauge throughout the boat?
    3. What is the thickness of the carpeting?
    4. Is the trailer C-channel or tube construction?
    5. What is the overall length and with of the boat?
    6. I realize its a welded hull, where are the seams ?
    7. Warranty?

Thank You!

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassanglr View Post
    1. What gauge aluminum is used?
    2. Is it the same gauge throughout the boat?
    3. What is the thickness of the carpeting?
    4. Is the trailer C-channel or tube construction?
    5. What is the overall length and with of the boat?
    6. I realize its a welded hull, where are the seams ?
    7. Warranty?

Thank You!

.100 gauge on the hull
    .125 on the transom
    16oz carpet
    C - channel trailer
    19’10” length / 95 inch beam

not sure how to describe where the welds are. I wouldn’t want to mislead you.

i believe the warranty is limited lifetime

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

3. Member
    Isn't 19'10" the length of the boat? I was looking for the OVERALL length and width of the entire package.

Thanks for the response.

4. Member
    Uhhh, you did say boat. You meant ‘and trailer’. I think.... Or ‘boat and engine’. I think... What was the question?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassanglr View Post
    Isn't 19'10" the length of the boat? I was looking for the OVERALL length and width of the entire package.

Thanks for the response.
    Are you looking for storage length?

6. Member
    I think he is looking for overall length of boat, motor and trailer including the fold away tongue.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRudderedBum View Post
    I think he is looking for overall length of boat, motor and trailer including the fold away tongue.

8. Banned
    I'm curious about the weight of the boat and or draft? I really want to go to a Aluminum rig but if it weights the same as a fiberglass then I don't seen the advantage other than scratching the bottom. I understand that the more insulation will make for a better ride but my thoughts on Aluminum rigs are tow weight would be reduced and draft is reduced to get into shallower places.

PS Those pics and videos of the Vexus boats at the Classic are bad a$$ and I really like the boats. I really like to colors also.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I'm curious about the weight of the boat and or draft? I really want to go to a Aluminum rig but if it weights the same as a fiberglass then I don't seen the advantage other than scratching the bottom. I understand that the more insulation will make for a better ride but my thoughts on Aluminum rigs are tow weight would be reduced and draft is reduced to get into shallower places.

PS Those pics and videos of the Vexus boats at the Classic are bad a$$ and I really like the boats. I really like to colors also.
    Look in to a Falcon. 99" beam with a shallow draft.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Look in to a Falcon. 99" beam with a shallow draft.
    Falcon Aluminum? Not seeing anything.

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    I’m assuming you’re interested in aluminum thickness as a judgement gauge of strength and durability? If so, there’s a lot more to the story as strength, durability, quality, and performance results require more than a single focus.

In a nutshell, Vexus™ aluminum boats are built with what we refer to as a Dense Base™ Design. It’s an innovative makeup based on results from extensive research and testing. Essentially, every AVX hull is built with an advanced combination of stringers, bulkheads, longitudinal and transverse ribs, numerous transom knee braces – and transom cross members twice as thick as traditional designs.

We cover this fortification with .100 aluminum on the hull and sides and .125 at the transom. The results? A superstructure built for optimum strength to weight ratios and an incredibly durable, solid, unitized construction. Closed cell, upright level foam flotation is injected into even the smallest areas, further tying the design together. It all works to deliver superior structural integrity while supporting today’s heavier outboards, shallow water anchors, set-backs, and other stern-mounted gear. Finally – there’s yet another thing that sets this design apart – it’s engineered to absorb and dissipate rough water vibrations while providing solid, ultra-quiet floors and a noticeably smooth ride.

Sorry for the long answer. In developing this product, our engineers went back to the drawing board and questioned everything – wanting to come away with truly innovative hulls that deliver total confidence, performance, and the most satisfying ownership experience. It’s a huge reason there are so many distinctions separating these ‘Glass-Infused Aluminum Hybrids’ from every other aluminum rig on the water. Thanks for your interest.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    I’m assuming you’re interested in aluminum thickness as a judgement gauge of strength and durability? If so, there’s a lot more to the story as strength, durability, quality, and performance results require more than a single focus.

In a nutshell, Vexus™ aluminum boats are built with what we refer to as a Dense Base™ Design. It’s an innovative makeup based on results from extensive research and testing. Essentially, every AVX hull is built with an advanced combination of stringers, bulkheads, longitudinal and transverse ribs, numerous transom knee braces – and transom cross members twice as thick as traditional designs.

We cover this fortification with .100 aluminum on the hull and sides and .125 at the transom. The results? A superstructure built for optimum strength to weight ratios and an incredibly durable, solid, unitized construction. Closed cell, upright level foam flotation is injected into even the smallest areas, further tying the design together. It all works to deliver superior structural integrity while supporting today’s heavier outboards, shallow water anchors, set-backs, and other stern-mounted gear. Finally – there’s yet another thing that sets this design apart – it’s engineered to absorb and dissipate rough water vibrations while providing solid, ultra-quiet floors and a noticeably smooth ride.

Sorry for the long answer. In developing this product, our engineers went back to the drawing board and questioned everything – wanting to come away with truly innovative hulls that deliver total confidence, performance, and the most satisfying ownership experience. It’s a huge reason there are so many distinctions separating these ‘Glass-Infused Aluminum Hybrids’ from every other aluminum rig on the water. Thanks for your interest.
    Your killing me Steve. I CAN NOT wait to see what you guys come up with in your fiberglass boats. It's going to be a long wait.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post

Based on this answer, where does the glass infusion come into play, I see you mention it but not explain it, it may be propriety reasons but I would like to know if you are able to go into it. Thanks

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Good info, thanks.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

15. Member
    Is the 19 10 rated for a 200 or 225?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    Based on this answer, where does the glass infusion come into play, I see you mention it but not explain it, it may be propriety reasons but I would like to know if you are able to go into it. Thanks
    I believe the glass infusion is from where they are building the storage boxes made out of fiberglass, as well as the livewells and the recessed trolling motor tray.

Really curious of the overall storage lengths with tongues folded on all models. Why is the 18'10 Model only rated to 115? and the 19's only rated to 150's?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I believe the glass infusion is from where they are building the storage boxes made out of fiberglass, as well as the livewells and the recessed trolling motor tray.
    consoles and side control panels are glass as well

19. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    hope this helps end the debate about hull strength

Attached Images Attached Images

20. Member
    With a transom like that I hope it can take two power poles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast