Needed Trailer Tires

Needed Trailer Tires

Well after much research on the ST205/75/14 trailer tire in load range D. Other than some U-haul tires out of Texas there are only two options. Carlisle Radial HD @ $75.00 and the new Goodyear Endurance $102.00 are the only options in load range D.

The Carlisle's look pretty good as do the Goodyear's. As much as my experience tells me I really don't like a Goodyear anything. I held my nose and went with the Goodyear's today. There was a 100 off on Ebay of purchases from Discount Tires Direct and stopped in one of there local stores and they match their Ebay price with installation and balancing. And the Cherry on top was the 60 dollar rebate that started yesterday. Worked out to be about $86 per tire out the door for the Goodyear's. Now hope they are better than my past Goodyear experiences.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

I also just purchased new Goodyear Endurance tires for my trailer last week, after reading the good reviews on here. I got 3 of the 215/75/14, also load range D. They look good! Hope they are as good as the Marathons they replaced.

3. Member
    I run em on my tandem axle. Endurance tires are good at 65pds

4. Member
    Agree^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Needed Trailer Tires

Well after much research on the ST205/75/14 trailer tire in load range D. Other than some U-haul tires out of Texas there are only two options. Carlisle Radial HD @ $75.00 and the new Goodyear Endurance $102.00 are the only options in load range D.

The Carlisle's look pretty good as do the Goodyear's. As much as my experience tells me I really don't like a Goodyear anything. I held my nose and went with the Goodyear's today. There was a 100 off on Ebay of purchases from Discount Tires Direct and stopped in one of there local stores and they match their Ebay price with installation and balancing. And the Cherry on top was the 60 dollar rebate that started yesterday. Worked out to be about $86 per tire out the door for the Goodyear's. Now hope they are better than my past Goodyear experiences.
    Did you look at the Kumho trailer tires?
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

6. Member
    I had two different sets of Carlises fail on me due to internal tread separation. Did around $3000 dollars of fender damage.Each time tires were a little less than 3 years old. I was also running a tire pressure monitoring system after the first failure. The second failure the tire pressure according to the monitor blew at 52 lbs. Goodyear Endurance are made here in the US, The Marathons turned to crap after Goodyear moved production to China. Thats why they came up with the Endurance and moved it to their plant in Alabama. People can Run what they want but a Chinese made tire is junk in my opinion. Besides I like to support American jobs when I can and they make a good product. Im happy with the Endurance. I have made three long tows with them since I put them on last yea. Two to Florida and one to Kentucky. Interstate speeds and my trailer ran very smooth. I like them.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 03-24-2018 at 09:43 PM.

7. Member
    Has anyone tried trailer king tires.?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theredman View Post
    Has anyone tried trailer king tires.?
    Couple guys on Bullet thread have them on there trailers and no complaints that I saw. Good reviews online. May be made in China though.