Thread: 3.5# LMB

3.5# LMB

Caught on Bull the other day. Things are warming up. Won’t be long now. Couple more weeks maybe.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Nice one Jim. What's the water temps?
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member

4. Member
    That day it was between 48 and 49 Gene. Should be warmer now. Caught a 4# Smallie later that day. Going out again tomorrow.

Love those big smallies!

6. Member
    I'll be putting in at either Tucker or Diamond City this weekend for sure.

7. Member
    My biggest two from Friday on BS, caught several spots that looked like they swallowed a football.

IMG_20180331_11968.jpg
    Last edited by Cestratton; 03-31-2018 at 06:42 PM.

8. Member
    Nice fish Chad. Looks more like you been fishing the White River (Simms waders) than Bull Shoals lake.

Two weeks ago we fished the Lead Hill area. Tucker Hollow, East Sugarloaf, Three Fingers, Fine Addition and Bear Island. Best fish was a largemouth caught in Tucker.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Nice fish Chad. Looks more like you been fishing the White River (Simms waders) than Bull Shoals lake.

Two weeks ago we fished the Lead Hill area. Tucker Hollow, East Sugarloaf, Three Fingers, Fine Addition and Bear Island. Best fish was a largemouth caught in Tucker.
    A little chilly that morning so I had my bibs on, we were in Elbow Creek. I wanted to go to Bear Creek but at the last second drove to Diamond City. Our spotted bass came shallow but those two were on the main creek at two channel swing banks on Rock Crawlers.

10. Member
    A post full of nice fish. Thinking about BS.

11. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Will be on Norfork in a couple of weeks, me and a bud spending a week.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

12. Member
    NICE Fish Don't catch em all before I get there. Love that lake.

13. Member
    Spent the last 4 days fishing Bullshoals out of Pontiac. Weather was not conducive to comfortable fishing(cold and snow!) but managed to catch 13 lbs. in club tourney. I wrongly though the cold weather would back the fish off fairly deep, but i was wrong. After fishing a shaky head, ned rig, tube, grub, jerkbait, and weighted wacky rig off points for little success, i went shallow with a square bill(red craw) and a jig. The fish were in 5-9 ft. of water in the back of creeks. Water was 53-54 when i got there Wenesday, but cooled off to 50 with the weather change. Best fish was 4-1 smallie and 3-4 largemouth. Beautiful lake and not ever crowded this time of year. I really like that area of Mo/Ark.

14. Member
    This time of year I like throwing the square bill, only I usually throw a shad color. My best fish recently have come on a PB&J jig and a lizard.

Did you fish Turkey Creek or Cowpen? Caught a nice smallie on a spinnerbait in Cowpen a couple weeks ago. Wind was really blowing.

15. Member
    I fished mainly mid lake: Music creeks, Yocum, Pine, and the one past Oakland boat dock, cant remember the name. Red craw was by best color squarebill, but caught a few on chartreuse/orange belly. Jig was mainly black/blue because of stained water. Caught my best two in Music. Ran all the way to the very back of creeks, last point before really shallow that had chunk rock. Hope this helps.

16. Member
    Damn, you’ve been working all my favorite spots. Been fishing Bull since 2002. Gulley is the creek you couldn’t think of by Oakland. Music is where I caught that 3.5# bass at the top of this thread.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Damn, you’ve been working all my favorite spots. Been fishing Bull since 2002. Gulley is the creek you couldn’t think of by Oakland. Music is where I caught that 3.5# bass at the top of this thread.
    Our club from SE Mo. has fished out of Pontiac the last several years in early April. Last year the lake was at 356, this year it was 364, so it was a lot different. Most of us like Bullshoals, nice fish and not crowded at all. I have only fished from near Theodosia down to Oakland to find my fish, next year may look more towards the dam. Beautiful lake.