Transducer opinions

So I have a Heliz G2N mega si 10” at console and DI version at bow

Currently there is a SI transducer off back. the DI transducer is in the bag sealed still. Is there any benefit of installing this one ?

Also have the puck transducer with Y cable I assume in bilge area glasses in as well as another 2d one on Ulterra head.

From all the reading here it looks like with the Y cable and the glassed in one it will read depth once a certain speed is reached.

I assume with the SI transducer it can do mega DI or is quality compromised ?

Im just wondering if I should swap the DI in the bag for something else, even another spare SI

Thanks in advance

Whew, you are lost.

The shoot-thru "glassed in" transducer when connected via Y cable along with the MEGA SI transducer on the transom will give you 2D sonar all the time regardless of speed. The 2D crystal in the MEGA SI transducer is not connected electrically (no wires). the added shoot-thru is connected in its place (wires).

A MEGA SI unit comes with a transom transducer that does left Side Imaging, right Side Imaging, Down Imaging, 2D sonar, and Temp. MEGA SI units have the MEGA frequency 1.2 MKz for both Side Imaging and Down Imaging.

A DI unit comes with a transom transducer that does Down Imaging, 2D sonar, and Temp.

The US2 in the Ulterra does not do Side Imaging or Down Imaging. It is 2D sonar only at 83/200 kHz.
    If you want Imaging from the trolling motor, you need an Imaging transducer on the bottom of it, either DI or SI.
    Since you have a DI unit at the bow, a DI transducer on the trolling motor would make sense. The trolling motor PUCK version would be the proper one. Exchange the transom DI transducer for the trolling motor puck--XTM 9 MDI T.
    Then you have to deal with the transducer cable for that style motor.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I just sent my Mega DI transducer in for exchange to tm puck Wayne mentioned. Even exchange as long as it is in the sealed pouch. Call support they will set you up.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live