Thread: New Orleans

New Orleans

Looking for a place to stay for my bachelor party, we came across a place on airbnb.com that is completely rebuilt in the last 2 years. The price is right, just wondering about the area. It is on Foucher st. in the Milan area. Is anyone familiar with this area, good, or bad? It gets decent reviews, all were good except the most recent one. It said nice place, bad neighborhood. We are just looking for a place to sleep, we will be in the french quarter, the rest of the time.

2. Member
    I rented the Mambo House on Air BNB back in December. It was worth every penny. It can sleep 10 people plus and can also provide a good pregame spot for up to 20. If you provide an address of the place you are looking at I could provide a better answer on the neighborhood. I’m a nola native but am unsure of the places you’re referencing.

3. Member
    The address is 2125 foucher st. It said it's close to st. Charles ave.

4. Member
    Personally, I avoid the area you listed. I drive through it but I would not walk around it. You’re safer closer to St. Charles Ave. then your are to Claiborne Ave. If you’re gonna rent there take an Uber from the front door to where ever you’re drinking. That’s my opinion. Others may have different opinions.

5. Member
    We wouldn't be walking around there, just sleeping Friday, Saturday night and leaving sunday morning. We would uber from there and back. We are fishing with a charter over by Bayou Sauvage, and his neighbor has a nice airbnb we are staying at wed/thurs night, after the fishing trip. We wanted to find something closer to down town for the weekend.

6. Member
    What do you think about the area near I-10/ Canal St Iberville St. area?

7. Member
    I would stay in convention st area

8. Member
    That area can be hit or miss but if you’re doing the Uber thing you will be fine. Along Canal St. is fine. It’s when you get into the neighborhoods where you have higher probability of trouble.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tajchauvin View Post
    That area can be hit or miss but if you’re doing the Uber thing you will be fine. Along Canal St. is fine. It’s when you get into the neighborhoods where you have higher probability of trouble.
    Ok thanks