HPDI New Lower Unit - High Water Pressure?

Hey guys. Just installed a brand new lower unit on my 2009 HPDI VMAX Series 2 200HP last week. Ran the boat this weekend and noticed my water pressure was way higher than ever before. It was near max at 30 when running around the lake WOT. If I backed off it wouldn't go down much, maybe 25. I never had an issue all day and the pee stream was strong.

Any pointers? Things to look for?

After reading a bunch of threads it looks like this might be normal with lower water temperatures (Saturday was 52). Higher water pressure is much better than lower water pressure, which makes sense. Must just be the new lower unit is better at pumping water through?

What was your Idle pressure reading? your numbers look good if your above a few thousand RPMs on plane. If you have those numbers at idle then you probably have a screwed up gauge or a poppet valve that is stuck closed.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Banned
    Does the gauge return to 0 when motor is turned off?

Great questions. I will know this weekend what it’s idling at. Didn’t think to check that.

I opened up the poppet valve to make sure nothing was stuck in there. Goodness, I forgot how frustrating that stupid thing is to get back on!

6. Member
    Likely, your gauge froze over the winter. If gauge does not approach zero at idle, need to replace gauge.

7. Member
    My gauge is having the froze over winter issue, I just bought the boat in January 2006 zx200 with 200 hpdi and the day I looked at it it was ridiculously cold in south central MS. I didn't notice on the test drive (I let seller drive since it was a private lake filled with timber) but when I took it out It didn't go to zero but hovered around the 10-15 range and is around 25-30 running around 5500 rpm. I cleaned out the tube behind the gauge to the motor and it still didnt fix the issue.. I saw a thread on here this week about a guy that had the same issue and considering it was "broke" decided he would cut it open, try to fix, and epoxy back together and it worked out pretty good, and several other bbc'ers reported good success on a number of gauges they had stored away they considered broken. I think it was in the tips and tricks thread.