Helix Network Questions

Quick questions, I purchased helix 12 Mega DI to pair with my Helix 10 Mega SI. My 10 was currently at the counsel but I'm planning on moving it to the bow and putting the 12 at the counsel. I just got the 12 on Thursday and did a quick swap before I went fishing friday and hooked up the 12 at the counsel using the existing 10" transducer, power, and ethernet chord. Then I just did a quick mount with my ten at the bow which was hooked up to a helix 7 previously with the transducer being hooked up to the trolling motor built in 2d.

My question is regarding the network. I wasn't able to get any side imaging on either unit. Was this due to the SI transducer not being hooked into the 10 SI? My SI transducer is hooked up at the transom which I plan leaving there, do I need to run this all the way to the bow to get the SI over the network?

Vice versa I plan on swapping the 12 transom mount mega ducer with the trolling motor version. Will I need to run this transducer cable back to the helix 12 Mega DI?

I'm thinking that I just need to run the respective transducer to the same unit either SI or DI then I should be able to see either over the network correct? I have a 7 I'm going to network with these that I'd like to see everything on then I'd just need to select the proper transducer on each unit.

Thanks!
    Mike

2. Member
    don’t u need a ethernet switch hub with three displays ?

You had no SI connection with the DI unit using the SI transducer. SI has to be connected to a SI unit to share it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    The Helix 7 must be a G2N model and if so then will need an Ethernet switch to network all three units. Could leave the transducer off on the Helix 7 G2N and share all from the other two units but need to turn Sonar Off on it with no transducer connected. Then if you connect the other correct transducers to their respective units, you will be able to share all technologies and GPS/NAV data to any unit.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Cool that's what I figured was going on but I didn't have time to switch everything around and had a brother in town who wanted to fish. I do have an ethernet 5 port hub.

The helix 7 is a G2N, I also have a Lowrance Gen3 9 that was on my previous boat. Trying to decide where I want to put those now. The 7 I'd be able to share all information with the other helix's then correct? I just don't want to hook a transducer up to it?? Which would be fine was thinking it's primary use would be mapping and maybe 2d sonar.

6. Member
    You could do mapping and have 2D and all imaging with the Helix 7 G2N without connecting the transducer. Just need to make sure the MEGA DI and MEGA SI units have their own respective transducers connected. The HB units can't network with other brands. You could still use the Lowrance but it won't network with HB units and won't be able to transmit on both systems at same time without possible crosstalk issues because of common frequencies.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

7. Member
    Yep knew they wouldn't work in unison. Would you get much interference if you ran lowrance SI at 455 and birds on the megaSI?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam692 View Post
    Yep knew they wouldn't work in unison. Would you get much interference if you ran lowrance SI at 455 and birds on the megaSI?
    No, 455 and 1200 kHz will not cross-talk. Lowrance doesn't have 1200 kHz yet. Garmin was the first to copy it.
    200 kHz, 83 kHz, 455 kHz, and 800 kHz will cross-talk with each other.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL