Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Penn State Wrestling wins another NCAA title

I cert realize March is all about basketball for most, but last few years espn has been airing the NCAA wrestling championships, and we've been glued to them at our house. These kids are so talented and crazy fun to watch compete at this level. One of my sons former HS teammates qualified, so it was very cool to see him go and win a match there in his senior season. Also crazy to see what a roll Penn State is on right now. I always liked Cael Sanderson as a wrestler, but I have no ties to Penn State (life long Missouri resident here). That said, it's unbelievable how good this team is year after year with newer kids filling slots frothe previous year. We're in the midst of one of the greatest runs of any college sport, and they're only losing one kid (Retheford) from this team, so will be right back at in the thick of it again next year. Title 9 took a ton of wrestling away from many D1 schools, but is making its way back slowly and we heard of the broadcast that two more D1 schools are adding wrestling back next year. If you ever had any ties to wrestling- do yourself a favor next March- it's worth watching.

2. Member
    WE ARE

One of my favorite college events. The only sport, I yell and contort my body while watching......Oh those HS glorydays....

4. Member

That was some great wrestling Bo Nickal unbelievable!!
    Al Spinozzi
    Nazareth, PA

2004 Stratos 285 ProXL Evinrude 150

Penn St. did very well

7. Member
    I was really surprised with Michigan this year....Not at all a Wolverine fan but they had a good week.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Penn St. did very well
    Hey Bassman do you have a picture of "The Confrontation" you can post for the College Wrestling Fans? It captures a lot of wrestling and coaching talent along with their intensity.

9. Member
    Who came in second Osu cowboy fan

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    Who came in second Osu cowboy fan
    Ohio State second. Mizzou 5th, Okie State tied for 13th.

11. Member
    Yeah it was an awesome tournament. Sanderson has those guys ready for the big tournament. They're going to be tough for years to come.

12. Member
    Penn state has some awesome talent. How about Bo, aND Miles. Waiting to see what the line up will email next season. Like to see Hall and Joseph swap classes.

13. Member
    Don't forget NC.State was 4th! That is the highest ever for the Wolfpack and did have the NCAA champion at 197 lb.

14. Member
    Its a fabulous sport! Teaches many life lessons, on and off the mat.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

15. Member
    My son and I watched every session and, to me, NC State was the biggest surprise of the tourney. Their program is going to be a true contender in the years to come.

BMC and National Tourney on the same weekend equal a lot of TV time and not much getting done on the farm.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by docntx View Post
    My son and I watched every session and, to me, NC State was the biggest surprise of the tourney. Their program is going to be a true contender in the years to come.

BMC and National Tourney on the same weekend equal a lot of TV time and not much getting done on the farm.
    NC State Wolfpack!! We won the Non-Big 10 NCAA title!!! haha

We have a solid program and is it getting better. We have a great turn out for matches!!!

17. Member
    I see Cornell should make some noise in a couple of years, maybe sooner. They were talking like they had 5 freshmen make the tournament I believe.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g-string View Post
    Penn state has some awesome talent. How about Bo, aND Miles. Waiting to see what the line up will email next season. Like to see Hall and Joseph swap classes.
    Yeah Hall seems small for the weight class, but obviously still a hammer.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spin View Post
    That was some great wrestling Bo Nickal unbelievable!!
    Hes got some strong hips. That was a crazy move

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    One of my favorite college events. The only sport, I yell and contort my body while watching......Oh those HS glorydays....
    My wife laughs at me while watching, I even do it for the matches that I don't know the kids wrestling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast