BBC SPONSOR

Throttle linkage or hotfoot, I cant tell.

First off, should the throttle shift freely and smooth before starting is there a safety feature I dont know about. sitting in the garage, I cant get it to go forward into gear and tough in reverse. Then If I push the button for the fast idle, it moves freely and I can see the linkage move with the cowl off smoothly.

When on the water yesterday, I started it and backed off the trailer then forward was fine for a few times but when I went to put it back on the trailer I could not get it in neutral it was tough, I ended up shutting off and put in neutral, It has done this off and on since new. Its also idleing around 900 RPM's. I do notice that the hot foot sticks coming back to no throttle as well but only does it sometimes, I am sure there is a spring I need to adjust.

I would love some help here. my dealer is a ways away, so If I can fix that would be great. thanks

2017 Mercury 150 4-stroke
    serial number 2B452784

FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Ah ha! The old throttle cable from the shifter was rubbing against the shifter cable and causing it to bind up. Fixed. Now how do I adjust the hotfoot to go back to zero each time?
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Look in the FAQ at the top of the 3L forum, there's a topic in there about hotfoot adjustments.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Look in the FAQ at the top of the 3L forum, there's a topic in there about hotfoot adjustments.
    Thank you!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    anyone know how to adjust the hotfoot on a 150 4s? I dont see a mechanical stop on the motor