Thread: Johnny Maxwell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Johnny could you measure the width of the front and rear of the foot controller as well as the length? I am gonna have to change out my recessed foot tray. Having the foot controller dimensions will make it easier finding the right one. Thanks.
    I'll be back at the cabin on Sunday evening. I'll measure my tray and foot control for you just in case. I personally want to keep my foot control in play just in case I ever lose a battery in my remote.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    If it were me I would get the troller first and use it before modifying the boat. You may find that you give up the foot pedal and cover the tray for added deck space. Many don’t use the foot pedal at all. It is in my boat as the 3rd back up if two remotes fail and I’m out of batteries. Also used as ballast. In other words a lot has to happen before I use it. On this boat I have used it one time at smoke on the water when I forgot batteries for the little remote I use and forgot to charge the main remote. Perfect storm.
    I only have the big remote. What little remote are you talking about Geoff? Have you had to replace batteries in the foot controller yet? I am assuming it is battery operated and not tied into the main battery of the boat. I have not looked to be honest.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Has anyone gone from a fortrex to ulterra? Would it be possible to get a quick release bracket and drill to match fortrex holes on bow rather than drilling additional holes in the hull?
    I bought the Minn Kota MKA-51 quick release sliding bracket. The top plate is pre-drilled for the ulterra. The bottom plate comes pre-drilled with the same ulterra bolt pattern.

I drilled new holes in the bottom plate to match the existing holes in my boat. My boat had a Motor Guide on it so I know the fortrex bolt pattern is different from the MG but the plate I bought is wide and I don't see how you would not have room to drill the holes in it for your existing holes in the boat.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I only have the big remote. What little remote are you talking about Geoff? Have you had to replace batteries in the foot controller yet? I am assuming it is battery operated and not tied into the main battery of the boat. I have not looked to be honest.
    this is the one I use.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...tooth?id=14461
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    I know the MKA-32 works with the Ulterra. Loved that mount.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Got to fish in some pretty stout wind on Saturday afternoon and almost zero wind yesterday. I put my foot pedal away and used my remote and the more I use it the better I like it. Have only gotten in a bind once when I accidently hit the stow instead of trim and had to grab a tree to stay off the bank lol. Even trusted it to dock and pick me up with no issues! Truthfully I was a little nervous since the water is cooler than I care to swim in yet!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    Got to fish in some pretty stout wind on Saturday afternoon and almost zero wind yesterday. I put my foot pedal away and used my remote and the more I use it the better I like it. Have only gotten in a bind once when I accidently hit the stow instead of trim and had to grab a tree to stay off the bank lol. Even trusted it to dock and pick me up with no issues! Truthfully I was a little nervous since the water is cooler than I care to swim in yet!
    I have only used my to launch and load 1 time but it was awesome. The more I use my remote the better I like it. But I don't see me ever going completely away from the foot pedal. When your hands are full of rod and reel and you need to make a change in direction or speed, the foot pedal is still handy to me.

I will be using the foot pedal for very stumpy areas and it will be necessary on Monticello and Welsh!
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

9. Member
    What's awesome is having both that work seamlessly together. I keep my remote on my neck and if the foot pedal is connected I can use either.

I will do both most of the time. I figured I needed to make myself practice on the remote and get use to it. I did notice that the stow button on the pedal is easily hit when not looking at the pedal first. I'm sure a few more hours on the water will cure that issue lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

I'll be back at the cabin on Sunday evening. I'll measure my tray and foot control for you just in case. I personally want to keep my foot control in play just in case I ever lose a battery in my remote.
    You ever get a chance to get those measurements for me? Thanks

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    I will do both most of the time. I figured I needed to make myself practice on the remote and get use to it. I did notice that the stow button on the pedal is easily hit when not looking at the pedal first. I'm sure a few more hours on the water will cure that issue lol
    One thing is that the button on the foot pedal only stows when the pedal is in that mode by pressing the mode button - then the orange light comes on - if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    One thing is that the button on the foot pedal only stows when the pedal is in that mode by pressing the mode button - then the orange light comes on - if I remember correctly.
    I still have not read the book or cheat sheet lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    You ever get a chance to get those measurements for me? Thanks
    When I finally go down to the cabin I found a big storm mess. Lots of limbs broke and in the yard etc. some big as a tree by themselves. Needless to say my mind went from boat to cleanup mode. I’ll try to get the measurements for you this weekend though

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I use the little remote as well.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

16. Member
    I made it back to the cabin. The recess on my boat measures about 13.5" wide and the usable space is about 15" long. It was also 5" deep. With my foot pedal installed there was about 1/4" clearance on boths ides of the foot pedal that was installed on top of the black plastic or UHMW plate that was screwed down inside the recess. Hope this helps you out K-DAWG.

I made it back to the cabin. The recess on my boat measures about 13.5" wide and the usable space is about 15" long. It was also 5" deep. With my foot pedal installed there was about 1/4" clearance on boths ides of the foot pedal that was installed on top of the black plastic or UHMW plate that was screwed down inside the recess. Hope this helps you out K-DAWG.
    Thank You!! Yes that helps alot. Now I know how big my recessed tray has to be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234