Emergency Boarding Ladder and Talons

I was just informed that the emergency boarding ladder on my new 2018 ZX 225 will have to be removed to accommodate the installation of the Talons.
    How are others getting around this issue? Is there some sort of adapter that I can purchase? I would hate to not have some type of ladder in case of emergency.

2. Member
    that is a great question and concern. I haven't heard or seen a solution to this issue unless you have a rope ladder which means you might as well have nothing. I'm surprised no company has addressed this issue frankly.

3. Member
    I had to remove the ladder as well when my talons were installed. My buddies ladder was removed my he had 2 Blades installed on his FX20

There is a solution if you have Power Poles. Picked up my new ZX 250 3 weeks ago and had a 2nd PP added. The ladder was removed and a bracket was installed on the added Port side PP and the ladder was re installed and it works perfect and is solid as a rock. The dealer stated he got the bracket from Skeeter but I don't know that for sure. Now Talons is probably a different situation altogether.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter185 View Post
    There is a solution if you have Power Poles. Picked up my new ZX 250 3 weeks ago and had a 2nd PP added. The ladder was removed and a bracket was installed on the added Port side PP and the ladder was re installed and it works perfect and is solid as a rock. The dealer stated he got the bracket from Skeeter but I don't know that for sure. Now Talons is probably a different situation altogether.
    Man I hope this works for me. I have Series II poles and when I bought my boat last year their was no bracket. The only bracket that worked was for the blades.

I now now have a bracket I picked up at the dealer that they think will work. I just haven’t made it to the boat storage to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
    Man I hope this works for me. I have Series II poles and when I bought my boat last year their was no bracket. The only bracket that worked was for the blades.

I now now have a bracket I picked up at the dealer that they think will work. I just haven’t made it to the boat storage to check it out.
    My boat has the Pro series II on it so you should be good !

7. Member
    Glad to hear that Skeeter185!

to the OP

this is who makes the bracket that the factory uses. I would call and see if they make one for Talons. They sell direct to the public if the have it.

http://www.rnrd.com/

R&R should have the bracket that would allow use with Talons. Mounts to outboard bolts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter03 View Post
    R&R should have the bracket that would allow use with Talons. Mounts to outboard bolts
    I have this on ladder on my ZX21 with dual talons. It works, but I can see that it could be a little narrow for bigger guys to climb up on. Still better than nothing.
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

2022 SKEETER FXR20 APEX w/ 250hp SHO
    1x APEX 13 MSI+, 1x Solix 12 chirp MSI+ G3, 1x Solix 15 chirp MSI+ G3. AS GPS HS, Mega 360 Imaging. MK Ultrex MDI w/ iPilot link, MegaLive with Targetlock and 8’ MK
    Raptors and Ionic Lithium Batteries

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸. ·´ ¯`·...><(((º>

Mine's an older ZX 200 with the manual jackplate.

Attached Images Attached Images