Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Columbia river....

Man I would love to see the Classic back on the Chick

I don't know how many of you remember the uproar and fallout that came from the last one in the late 80s
    TV Sprayed the weeds on Thursday and Friday before the classic
    Ran off all of the fish the guys had found in practice
    We had some pathetic bags back then but made worse when the whole world is watching

TVA does what it wants regardless
    We had Bass Boat Funeral parades and a lot of fights with TVA
    They totally wiped out all the grass
    When they finally stopped the spraying the weeds came back and the Florida strain had good habitat
    The lake really took off
    BTW the locals are gripping about TVA spraying again
    Last edited by AreTheyBiting; 03-20-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling & grammer

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Smalliehunter91 View Post
    Columbia river....
    That would be an interesting location. Largemouth in the sloughs, smallies in the river.

4. Member
    Cincinnati Ohio on the Ohio river lmao. See who can catch 15 lbs for 3 days.

California Delta plz...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Maybe. I was at Waddington this year, the crowds were obviously good but it really felt like more of a novelty event than true fishing fans in large part. There is also nothing to do anywhere near there so any event is welcome. I will acknowledge that there are some real fans though.

Syracuse might be the best option in the North. I don't really know the town but it seems about the right size to get excited and I assume they have a college basketball arena that could work, not sure about a convention centre. Would you get enough out of town visitors?

I don't know, southerners that come up to NY in August sure seem to like the break from the humidity but would they drive that far?

I would be really interested in feedback from folks that went to Greenville if they would go the extra miles to get to Syracuse? New York State is beautiful in the summer.

Folks?
    The trip could be free and I would not step a foot in New York!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    Look how much pressure Toledo Bend and Rayburn get from tournaments (far more than Grand) and they are still great lakes to fish. So I see no impact on the lake based on your explanation.
    The main difference between those lakes and Grand is Grand doesn't have a blade of grass in it. The grass in those lakes allow for a higher fish population.

8. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    California Delta plz...
    Would love to see it!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    we will found out with the Costa boys do this weekend..
    Some will catch them, you can't put that many boats on Grand and not have a few guys catch them. My stance isn't that there aren't big bags to be caught, my opinion is the fishing isn't as good as it used to be as a whole.

10. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    You're missing out; there is some great fishing in New York

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    yep 10 lbs is around 50th place .
    remember now that everybody doesn't fish for the angler of the year the last place weight is posted at the ramp and there are lots of strings dumped and not weighed in .
    the guys that catch the fish still catch them we that used to need to find new spots.
    tera Miranda is not the hot spot that it used to be now that they weigh in at wolf creek
    ,the spillway ramps don't have as many fish now that ther aren't many tournaments that come out of there.
    and you can't fish in wolf creek, I haven't seen a tournament come out of rapier hollow in years or drowning creek. All the fish are being carried up the lake to be weighed in .unless you fish the river your fish aren't getting replenished .
    What would be interesting would be to keep track of the weather and water temps for those dates
    So are you saying that guys with 10 pound bags are throwing them back even though 10 pounds has been more than enough to get your entry fee money back the last two years?
    Do you mean you can't fish in wolf creek because of the boat traffic? because you can fish about 90% of it, the off limits is only about the back 20% of it in tournaments except for the week or so that they have the boat races up there.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    I was trying to recall, say in the last ten years how many anglers from north of the Mason-Dixon line have won a Classic ? Anybody recall.
    Kevin won in 10 and 11. I'm not sure where the line would fall if it ran out to Cali or where exactly Skeet is from but he won in 09.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    You're missing out; there is some great fishing in New York
    No thanks! I have great fishing any direction from my house within a hr. It's all yours.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    The spot EE won in 2016 has been raped and pillaged since the second it was shown on tv. The Elite tournaments and Classics do have a lasting impact on the fisheries. The Elites joke about it all the time how they exposed the lake(s).
    Every spot that any of those guys fished that showed up on camera has been done that way. Fish are dumb but when they see a square bill run past their face every five minutes they learn pretty quick that it's got hooks attached.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    That would be an interesting location. Largemouth in the sloughs, smallies in the river.
    Dream location for an event...March weather is still pretty dicey for a classic.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    I was trying to recall, say in the last ten years how many anglers from north of the Mason-Dixon line have won a Classic ? Anybody recall.
    Who cares? We won the war...lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Huh? There is more than NYC.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebass View Post
    Cincinnati Ohio on the Ohio river lmao. See who can catch 15 lbs for 3 days.
    You are suggesting 15lbs total... correct?

19. Member

20. Member
    You are suggesting 15lbs total... correct?

Yes, he is.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast